• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hundai issues...

bfred

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased an 2001 Hundai Accent the other day (I know, I know, but it was cheap...). Drove it home approx. 35 miles, ran great, no problems at all. Parked it at the shop, went to start it 2 days later, and noticed what sounds like lifter noise. I let it run a little to warm up figureing maybe it would quiet down once it was warm. Pulled the oil cap off, and there seems to be pressure in the crankcase. Even seems to be smoking from the exhaust. I know it was not smoking while driving it home, since I was following it the whole way (my brother-in-law drove it back). Kinda afraid to even start it now. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Hopeing maybe some kind of PCV related problem or something... It has 90,000 mi. on it and appairs to be pretty well cared for, clean oil, etc... It belonged to a guy who my brother-in-law works with who bought it new. It did sit in his garage for 4 or 5 months before we went to pick it up though...

We have the same car. I have heard the PCV valves going bad is fairly common. If it hasn't had the timing belt changed get it done now. When it breaks it's not a good thing. JIM.

Back