• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much room will I get???

Big Kev

NAXJA Forum User
I have about 3.5" lift and got some tires that I thought would fit but they ended up being a little too big. I am going to have to do some trimming. I currently am rubbing a little on the bottom of the fender/ front part of the rockers. If I trim, how far can I expect to remove there? I would like to keep the stock flares. I got 32" tires with the creger soft 8. Looks good but the turning radius sucks. I am also planning on more lift soon, but not soon enough. Probably in the spring. I won't be doing too much, if any, wheeling over the winter. Thanks for the help.

Big Kev said:
I have about 3.5" lift and got some tires that I thought would fit but they ended up being a little too big. I am going to have to do some trimming. I currently am rubbing a little on the bottom of the fender/ front part of the rockers. If I trim, how far can I expect to remove there? I would like to keep the stock flares. I got 32" tires with the creger soft 8. Looks good but the turning radius sucks. I am also planning on more lift soon, but not soon enough. Probably in the spring. I won't be doing too much, if any, wheeling over the winter. Thanks for the help.

You can get tons of room from stock flares if you try...

Picture014a.jpg

I am not too worried about the back yet, they fit. I am not going to get out on a trail until the spring so I have time for the back. I need to get the front taken care of though. I think an inch will be plenty for now. When I can afford to add some lift it will be more than good.

You can get a ton of room in the back if you try hard enough.

rearfender003.jpg

Back