• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how are the cops in tacoma area??

my rig is back home in sacramento and i've been thinking about bring it up, but it has cut fenders and 35x15.50 swampers SX, it doesnt look super bad because it has a 7 inch lift (long arms mind you :) ) it flies ok in my yuppy suburbian hometown but does anybody no how they are in tacoma?? thanks alot

jordan

WA law requires you have full coverage of wheels by fender flares and mud flaps that go at least to the centerline of the axle. If they dont cover all of the tire, it will look like you are at least trying.

There are alot of Stuper Duty's, Chevys and Dodges with big lifts and tires as well as other rigs. If you arent being a jackass or run into a picky officer, you should be ok.

DangerousJordan said:
my rig is back home in sacramento and i've been thinking about bring it up, but it has cut fenders and 35x15.50 swampers SX, it doesnt look super bad because it has a 7 inch lift (long arms mind you :) ) it flies ok in my yuppy suburbian hometown but does anybody no how they are in tacoma?? thanks alot

jordan

Eli pretty much covered it, as long as your not provoking attention or get a picky cop you'll be ok, all the same you might want to throw on some quick release mud flaps or something similar. I wouldnt spend a whole lot of money on flares like Bushcrackers or tj's becuase our NW trails tend to remove them quickly.

What brings you up here? I grew up in Roseville, that place has gotten crazy, dont think I could ever go back.
-Ryan

Tacoma PoPo is more worried about meth labs and Gangbangers, They don't give a crap about the tires extending out. I spend the entire weekend running around Tacoma and Lakewood and I didn't have any problems.

Ever watched the show Cops? a huge quantity of those shows were filmed in and around Tacoma (Pierce Coutny Sherriff, Lakewood police, etc.) They've got plenty to keep them busy if you are considerate enough to obey the main laws and show at least some concern about the minor ones.

P.S. Ditto on the why move up here inquiry. I used to live in the Grass Valley / Nevada City area myself. Beautiful country but I hear the urban sprawl has engulfed it these days.

I have only been pulled over the the State Patrol. He harassed me about the Mud Flaps (Lack of) and a License Plate light being out, then asked me what the thing in the back was (Air Compressor).

Only others in my family that have had problems are from the Lacey or Olympia Police. You shouldn't have to worry about it.

Blkxjkrawler said:
What brings you up here? I grew up in Roseville, that place has gotten crazy, dont think I could ever go back.
-Ryan

it was pretty random, my cousin invited me to a workshop put on by a church (the church i go to now) and i fell in love with the church and the people there and a month later i moved in with some guys that went there and i've been up here since. gotta say that i do miss good ol roseville though, theres something about the weather and soccer moms driving escalades on 24s that really warms my heart haha

Back