• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hiring Mechanics

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
with a twist.

This classification works on the LRVs, the cable cars and what is called 'trackless trolley' essentially electric buses getting power through over head wires. It pays about $1.00 more than the diesel mechanics and some benfits are different.

The health plan and pension plan are a good deal.

Job Announcement

Please apply. The jobs are civil service, take a written test, perform an interview and be placed on a list. The last list that just expired had 55 names for 62 openings. In the next two years the projection is for 50 additional Electrical Mechanics.

Last edited:
The 'candidates' they are sending me for interview can barely change a battery. If you even think you can meet the minimum requirements apply and let the personnel analyst sort it out.

I asked one candidate where he got his automotive experience and he responded he was the lot porter at a dealership. When pressed he told me he told the analyst that his electrical experience was he jumped started dead cars in the lot....

Study a book at the library, take an ASE or two and apply. You have nothing to lose.

I had a job interview with Muni last week for a carpenter job working on cable cars and historic trollys.
I think it went well, hope I get a call back.

I had a job interview with Muni last week for a carpenter job working on cable cars and historic trollys.
I think it went well, hope I get a call back.

Jes, do remember the names of who interviewed you? I asked my peer at rail and she was unsure who conducted the interviews.

The Cable Car Shop on 23rd St is short 2-3 carpenters and those on staff are....mature.

Sounds tempting. Do they cover relocation cost? Haha.

If you apply you can use my name as a reference. Tom Curran. Also shoot me a PM that you applied.

Back