• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here we go again...

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Picked up another rig over the weekend- just missed them too much! I told myself I'd only buy again if I could find a 2 door, 5-speed 4x4... and my wanted ad got a good hit!

Bought off of another member here in the Colorado chapter, already built, and built well. A great foundation to wheel and upgrade as I go.

Drove her all the way back on Saturday so I got some good seat time to get acquainted.

Barely fits in my garage, got about 3/4" clearance

Stats:

2001 Cherokee Sport
2 door, 4.0, 4x4, NV3550
Swapped in HP30 front axle with 3.55's
Matching rear 8.25 29 spline
4" lift- no name shocks up front/Bilstein 5100's rear
265/75/R16 Firestone AT's
Tow Hooks/Hitch
T Case and Gas Tank Skids
3 core rad
Optima Battery

Early model front bumper, I'd check the front for frame damage just to be safe.

To clear the tires

And man you're a buzz kill

Front bumper was installed for tire clearance and factory tow hooks, no frame damage, that XJ is very clean. Went to a good home. Great to hear you are enjoying it.

Made a couple cosmetic updates and took a decent pic not in my driveway

Still needs a new windshield and I've gotta get the Gentex mirror I put in working (bad mirror, wiring harness works). But its coming together nicely.

Gentex mirror up and running

Took the jeep and the dog out to play

Looks very nice. Any near future upgrades in the works?
How is it on pavement with the ~31-ish tires and the 3.55s?

Also, your sig has a type in your tire size.

Looks very nice. Any near future upgrades in the works?
How is it on pavement with the ~31-ish tires and the 3.55s?

Also, your sig has a type in your tire size.

A type?

Nothing near future planned... Closing on my first home in 2 weeks so my funds are tied up there. But it gives me more workspace than I have now so that will help start some projects. Hood vents next for sure though.

Great on pavement with that combo on Texas, but it's flat here. In SoCal I'd be in 4th a lot to go over the hills

Typo not type.

Your tire size says "265/765/16"

Added some rubicon take offs

Jcr bumper added

Back