• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with troubleshooting.

YosemiteMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Here it goes: 1989 4.0 Renix.

What it is doing/not doing: My control panel is not working for my heater/AC. It works ocassionlly. Heavy on the ocassionally.

What I've done: Checked fuses and replaced control deck HVAC thing and all connections. I've never done much trouble shooting with wiring, but am willing to try. Any suggestions on where to start. I'm guessing it is a short somewhere because of the in and out working and such.

This is my daily driver and it has been cold as $hit in OK the past few weeks. I'm tired of not enjoying my heater. Now it is in the 70s and 80s this next week then back into the teens.

Thanks CO chapter!

This does not look good for me. Not one reply in 5 hours. Guess I'll be calling up my local mechanic. Dang! I've avoided him for almost a year and half. Oh well, guess that's not so bad. Thanks for all the advice on other issues.

If you want to drive all the way up here, I will help you.

Does the fan come on, but blows cold air? Or does the fan not come on at all? Does the fan only come on low no matter what setting it is on?

I would suspect a bad fan. Unplug it and jumper 12v and ground and see if it spins.

Back