• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with 97 Grand Cherokee

MnGrnXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 2wd Jeedc Grand Cherokee w/ a 4.0 I6. While driving the jeep it will shut off, and sometimes after driving with no problems it will not crank back up. I cannot figure out what is going on. Any help wqould be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Danny

I have a 97 2wd Jeedc Grand Cherokee w/ a 4.0 I6. While driving the jeep it will shut off, and sometimes after driving with no problems it will not crank back up. I cannot figure out what is going on. Any help wqould be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Danny

Sounds like the CPS (crankshaft position sensor). Try this site, it may help. Yours is an HO so make sure that you use the procedure for that and not the renix. http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engine/Basic_Sensors_Diagnostics.htm

Try disconnecting and re connecting your CKP (should be a 3 wire connector, rear of engine driver side). If it starts right up.. theres your problem.

Back