• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me pick out a good paint gun

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone Help me pick out a good hvlp spray paint gun ? I'm not looking for a cheap harbor freight type. But the next up in quality. Good for beginners level. But I wish to keep it under $100 !

I'm be using it for both the primer and for the color coat of a steel trailer I'm building.
dgtp02.jpg

I'm old school. I hate hvlp. The result is far more related to who is painting and knowing how to set up the gun than the gun itself. The $14 gravity guns at HF work fine if you know what you are doing.

I think I may give the harbor freight gun a try. After all last week my boss took the two oxy-fuel cutting torchs to a jobsite and I really needed one So I got a harbor freight one for $60. So far it works. But the handle is to small for my welding gloves. I keep turning the acetylene valve by mistake. www.springtimebbqpits.com

Back