• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Helicoil size for brake caliper bolts?

8 1.25 comes to mind hope your better than me I ended up at junk yard for a used knuckle.

I could be wrong, but I want to say it’s M8x1.50. I could be wrong… I have extra slide pins in the jeep. I will get back to you…

Take a bolt to NAPA and get a Helicoil kit?

I'm not good with matching bolt sizes, something with my autism; last time I relied on the parts store goon to match up something as simple as a lugnut I screwed up a wheel stud. That why I was asking the people who actually know what they are talking about :)

I have a helicoil kit here at the house in my stuff if I can find it if I do I will get the part # for you .

I found my helicoil kit part # 770 - 3093 8 x 1.25 this kit has a drill bit the tool to install the coil and 10 or so helicoil's if you wasn't so for from me I would give you this I'll never need it again.that # is a balkamp # from Napa fwiw.

One thing the thing I thought was a drill bit is actually the tool to cut new threads .

Back