• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anbody been charged by E-470 erroneously?

frankenstang57

NAXJA Forum User
I opened a letter from Express Toll last Saturday. It informed me that I owed them $2.50 for using their tollway last August. What's even funnier, the plate number they referenced was the one on the back of my Jeep. I haven't driven my Jeep on the road since last November. So I called their customer service this morning. 15 minutes on hold listening to the same 30 second message over and over again, only to be hung up on. Called back a second time, 12 minutes later I spoke to a representative. The clerk was very nice and professional and said "Ooops, we made a mistake." Didn't even want to hear my excuse. I know it was only $2.50. It was a pain in the ass to contact them. I wonder just how many people get billed and just pay them because it's easier than contesting it. That could add up pretty quick. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have plastic reflecters on my plates so with the light reflecting off them a clear photo can't be taken so the toll way is free for me , also the cameras on traffif lights won't work on me :>{ )))

I opened a letter from Express Toll last Saturday. It informed me that I owed them $2.50 for using their tollway last August. What's even funnier, the plate number they referenced was the one on the back of my Jeep. I haven't driven my Jeep on the road since last November. So I called their customer service this morning. 15 minutes on hold listening to the same 30 second message over and over again, only to be hung up on. Called back a second time, 12 minutes later I spoke to a representative. The clerk was very nice and professional and said "Ooops, we made a mistake." Didn't even want to hear my excuse. I know it was only $2.50. It was a pain in the ass to contact them. I wonder just how many people get billed and just pay them because it's easier than contesting it. That could add up pretty quick. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it has we live in las vegas and never been any where near this place we had the first bill come in May and it was for 2.50 now they are wanting 27.50 and they are making threats with our credit report and I had a wait time of 35 minutes and hung up on too We have a local tv station that loves to investigate reports and I plan n bring this to them personally they did not have the right tag the picture did not show what state the tags were from we are very up-set too many people will make them rich and destroy good peoples credit report thanks for saying something we thought we were the only ones

I have plastic reflecters on my plates so with the light reflecting off them a clear photo can't be taken so the toll way is free for me , also the cameras on traffif lights won't work on me :>{ )))

Did you see the episode of mythbusters where they tried all these different plate covers? None of them worked.

I don't have a transponder and was charged for an extra toll section I never went through. had to call and same thing hung up on twice crappy hold message I think they do that so you will hang up. And she didn't even argue it she just said sorry and took it off.

Did you see the episode of mythbusters where they tried all these different plate covers? None of them worked.

Plate covers don't work, but if you were to take an LED headlamp (the flashlight, not the car part) and replace the LEDs with IR LEDs (can be found at the shack for cheap), and mount it close to your plates, then all the IR traffic cams will see is a bright glare when it snaps a pic of your plates, but it won't be visible by the human eye.
I'm not suggesting, admitting to, or condoning doing this... just putting it out there...

I don't have a transponder and was charged for an extra toll section I never went through. had to call and same thing hung up on twice crappy hold message I think they do that so you will hang up. And she didn't even argue it she just said sorry and took it off.

Yeah I just paid mine. Now I'll know to call instead.

we received a call from a collector the other day about a trip to the airport back in December... They claimed they sent us the bill months ago, but did not receive payment. It was a 10 dollar charge and they now say we owe them 400 something dollars, and if we didnt pay it, we could not renew our drivers license or cars. This new system is flawed. Most people move and never update their address with the DMV (who has time for the DMV?) and never end up getting the bill. Id rather just use the tollway when I have the change in my pocket rather than see them cut about 100 jobs (toll collectors) and turn it into this new "advanced" system. I call bullshit. They will not see 400 dollars from us. Its highway robbery, and just another greedy f#cker trying to get their hand into our pocket.

Plate covers don't work, but if you were to take an LED headlamp (the flashlight, not the car part) and replace the LEDs with IR LEDs (can be found at the shack for cheap), and mount it close to your plates, then all the IR traffic cams will see is a bright glare when it snaps a pic of your plates, but it won't be visible by the human eye.
I'm not suggesting, admitting to, or condoning doing this... just putting it out there...

Yeah I just paid mine. Now I'll know to call instead.

SO... Tell me about this... I use e470 quite often and think the toll charges are insane. Id love to milk the system on this one, they deserve it. Thats the problem with toll roads. They get a bunch of investors to give them money to build it, they build it, they pay all the investors back in a few years and never take away the tolls and get rich.

I grew up in DC and remember when the dulles toll road was built back in the early 80's. After completion, the toll was 25 cents, in the 90's it was 75, it is now a dollar per toll, and that was 30 years ago. Im pretty sure everyones made their money off of it and it was paid off a long time ago. Greedy american assholes.

SO... Tell me about this... I use e470 quite often and think the toll charges are insane. Id love to milk the system on this one, they deserve it.

What else is there to tell? I just explained the whole damn thing to ya lol.
It's a pretty simple concept... what happens when you have a bright light shined in your eyes? Ya can't see shit. Well, guess what happens when you shine a bright (in output terms) IR light into an IR camera.
If you were to really get fancy with it, you could buy a cheapo plastic license plate bracket thing and embed IR LEDs along it, and wire them up to your ign or something.
Once again, gotta cover my ass... I'm not condoning or suggesting you do this. Just saying it can be done.

What else is there to tell? I just explained the whole damn thing to ya lol.
It's a pretty simple concept... what happens when you have a bright light shined in your eyes? Ya can't see shit. Well, guess what happens when you shine a bright (in output terms) IR light into an IR camera.
If you were to really get fancy with it, you could buy a cheapo plastic license plate bracket thing and embed IR LEDs along it, and wire them up to your ign or something.
Once again, gotta cover my ass... I'm not condoning or suggesting you do this. Just saying it can be done.

We dont live in a police state last time I checked, and we still have rights as citizens... I think.

You could type this on every forum in Colorado encouraging people to do it... wouldnt make a difference, and you wouldnt get in trouble. Its you're freedom of speech.

Encouraging people to engage in illegal activity and explaining how to do it? Pretty sure that's a little illegal... guilt by association, conspiracy to commit a crime, or something.

yeah from what ive seen they dont work. however on my way out of town i got pulled over on E-470 and the cop told me its against the law to have tinted plate covers. because they mess with traffic cams.

Back