• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gulches ride Labor Day weekend

I am going and bringing Becky and Daniel. Maybe one of the girls...
can't wait, That was a fun spot. I have been dying to wheel for weeks.

I am going and bringing Becky and Daniel. Maybe one of the girls...
can't wait, That was a fun spot. I have been dying to wheel for weeks.

If you ever want to come camp up at Uwharriee with the family one weekend I'll gladly meet you up there. Looking forward to gulches. I got some payback on a couple trails I need to try and claim....... :looney:

So we had a good day of wheeling today. Mark broke a u-joint again and also popped a tire bead while we were dropping down into Death Valley, Glenn's alternator went out, and my brake master cylinder started going out. We still had a great time in spite of it all :)

Broken 260 u-joint caused a bit of carnage

The old standby trail spare axle shaft that we had installed at Durhamtown Tellico going back in again

Here's my XJ charging Glenn's battery while the new alternator was being swapped in

Traffic jam on Heartbreaker

Mark going down to Death Valley

It was taking him a while to go down and I kept thinking to myself "man, he should be able to walk this easily...it's a cakewalk, something's gotta be wrong"

And I was right, something was wrong :looney:

So Mark put his own personal pit crew to work

After the spare was on, we scooted up Radical Ravine (which is my favorite trail in the park), then made our way back to the parking area. I decided to load up and go home since I had no brakes on three separate occasions while going up Radical Ravine. I'm usually the "safety third" type, but I didn't wanna kill myself, or anyone else on the trail for that matter.

Mark and Glenn went back out to do Shipwreck, and I headed home. Great day of wheeling with great friends. Can't wait to go back there and do it again!

If you ever want to come camp up at Uwharriee with the family one weekend I'll gladly meet you up there. Looking forward to gulches. I got some payback on a couple trails I need to try and claim....... :looney:

I'd definitely be down for another Uwharrie trip if things weren't tied up for the rest of the year. I've only been once and had a blast, but it's a haul for us. Maybe we can make a definite plan for a spring ride up there next year?

I'd definitely be down for another Uwharrie trip if things weren't tied up for the rest of the year. I've only been once and had a blast, but it's a haul for us. Maybe we can make a definite plan for a spring ride up there next year?

We need to get this group up there. I think Andy and Mark would enjoy it.

Looks like yall had fun!

I need to fix my pile so I can get out more....

Back