• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got tased and pepper sprayed

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I am going through the CSO (community service officer) course this week and next. As part of my training I got tased by a police issue taser and pepper sprayed today. Let me tell you they both SUCK! The taser makes you feel totally helpless and it hurts a bit. Pepper spray hurts alot and lasts a damn long time.

O the good o'll days of pepper spray how I dont miss them.

welcome to the club :D

the trick is to pretend you're having a seizure after they taze you, then run away while they call an ambulace.

eww thats good stuff too, nothing like uncontrolable snot running down your face. Whats even better is when they give you a gas mask to wear that doesnt work so you are stuck with the full affects of the gas while the other a holes are breathing through a good mask laughing at you.

I am going through the CSO (community service officer) course this week and next. As part of my training I got tased by a police issue taser and pepper sprayed today. Let me tell you they both SUCK! The taser makes you feel totally helpless and it hurts a bit. Pepper spray hurts alot and lasts a damn long time.

I have been pepper sprayed like 10 times in the course of working for 2 law enforcement agenices as well as several security jobs. I also got pepperballed with a pepper ball gun. I had got so used to getting pepper sprayed that on my last time i got sprayed I went first fought thru the course they had set up for us and decontaminated myself in under 5 min. The trick is to just take the hose of water flush your eyes real quick and take it off and just let the air dry you up and force your eyes open .. at least that worked for me after all the times i got sprayed. I got out of the field before tasers came into being (just had stun guns around). Getting pepper sprayed i understand why they have you do it so you can fight thru it if need be. Being zaped with a taser i dont understand as you are not going to be able to fight back and just roll on ground (so what is the point to getting zaped?.. if it happenes when you are on duty you are dead if you cant react to a suspect that is zaping you. If you get sprayed you can fight thru it. Dont know as i have said i never had to get trained for the taser, but to me it seems like something they want to do to new officers for "liability." I dont need to be zaped to know that it would suck to be hit with one, just like i dont need to be shot with a firearm for the same reason... just my opinion on that though :).

Good thing is that it sounds like you are at least done with that part of your training :). Now maybe some fun stuff for you is coming up :).

yes I ve gotten both for my police training, taser doesnt necessarily hurt but definently makes you helpless and the pepper spray is just a never ending burn, worst part is I have both on video so I can always relive the pain lol

eww thats good stuff too, nothing like uncontrolable snot running down your face. Whats even better is when they give you a gas mask to wear that doesnt work so you are stuck with the full affects of the gas while the other a holes are breathing through a good mask laughing at you.

It was a little different for us. The masks were good. They had us do calisthenics for 15 minutes straight in full gear, and then took the masks away. Three guys stood barring the way out until we got a good LONG dose that you wouldn't forget. First to puke got to clean up. And there was lots of that too. Pepper spray doesn't sound like much fun either.

:gee:

Wow John..........you really know how to have a good time. What you gonna do next week to top a teaser gun and pepper spray?:explosion

man the first time your holding someone down and your other officers spray the guy will be the last time you will want to ever spray someone. stick with the baton it always works lol

When I was in high school, we went to the navy base (jrotc, wasn't in but i was good friends with the teacher and they needed to fill spots), any who they put us in the chamber popped the cans, and we had the option to remove or not remove the mask. Me and my buddy took ours off, and i'm pretty much sorry I did, insta puke for both of us, then guys started puking in their gas masks it was epic carnage. Ah to be young again.

I graduated from the Police Academy when I was 21 and was only one of three willing ot take the taser which was optional at the time. I agree it is not pleasant, but the pepper foam is much more miserable than anything. Oil based sprays stay in your skin for a while and once you go home and hop into a hot shower the oils re-activate and it starts all over again. Not fun!

I graduated from the Police Academy when I was 21 and was only one of three willing ot take the taser which was optional at the time. I agree it is not pleasant, but the pepper foam is much more miserable than anything. Oil based sprays stay in your skin for a while and once you go home and hop into a hot shower the oils re-activate and it starts all over again. Not fun!
lol. you learned the hard way... Its all about the cold showers

Back