• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Auto Shop in North County area...?

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Socal!

The time has come for me to replace my cam and lifters and possible get a little head work done on my rig.

I was curious if anyone knows of a good shop for this around the Carlsbad/Oceanside area....

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have spoken to Cal about what I need to get done, I just don't have the resources to do it myself at this point in time, so goes the need for a trusted shop who knows Jeeps in the area.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to the suggestions.

Later,

Coullt

Barnes Fab and Differentials in Escondido does good work and he's honest.

Barnes Fab and Differentials in Escondido does good work and he's honest.

Thanks for the lead...I contacted Barnes and they really only specialize in Chevy Small Blocks as far as engines go. The guy in the shop is trying to dig up some leads on Jeep specific shops.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I have "a guy" you can call. His name is Salvador (760) six 44-two 3 nine 2. He just recently redid my heads, valve repair, and some exhaust stuff. He lives in Oceanside and works at a few different shops around the county. He quoted me $900 for the heads and then I added some extra work on top of that. Excellent work and it was a cash kind of a deal.

The only place I would take my car for general mechanic work is Polycare Automotive. Been going there since 1996.

The owner Brian is an absolute straight shooter, and a fountain of knowledge. He is fairly opinionated and will talk your ear off about your car, but he knows what he's doing and is completely honest.

They're down in the UTC area, so not exactly the area you are looking for, but IMO it's worth it.

Give him a ring. Sign says they specialize in Japanese cars, but I've had my Jeep there more than once.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/polycare-automotive-san-diego

Last edited:
if Mike Finch is still around this is well within his skills. I believe his username is Willy51 or something similar.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I chose to go with Jeff at Mastertech in Oceanside. He speaks Jeeps well enough for my tastes and I will post a follow-up after all services have been rendered.

Good day and keep the rubber side down!

Back