• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glued in windshield help in NoVA?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone in the NoVA area feels comfortable messing with a glued in windshield I could really use your help. There's rust creeping up onto the roof of my XJ mostly because of the a-hole that replaced my windshield the last time; I was not aware of any rust in the area but he found some when he pulled the windshield. Unfortunately I had it done at work, and he "wouldn't allow" anything but continuing with the install as it "wouldn't be safe" and his supervisor backed him up on that. I was going to have them just set the old one back in, duct tape around it, repaint the lip at home, then call them back later to complete the installation, and was willing to pay extra for their labor to do that - but apparently that was not an option to them. I need to get it pulled, POR-15 the lip and an inch or so of the roof, and then glue it back in. I'll be calling Safelite tomorrow to see if they'll cut me a deal on a new seal and reinstallation since this is really all their fault, but I don't hold out a lot of hope that they'll work with me given the attitude that I had to deal with before.

Back