• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glen Helen grand prix

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Just in case anyone wants to watch Team NAXJA whoop some butt the race at glen helen will be broadcast live here:

http://ultra4racing.com/live/

They qualified 4th only 20 seconds behind 1st place. Our own Robert Kobal from RwkHausSupply is another 20 seconds or so back from that. I'll be watching and cheering on both of our local boys in this race.

:party:

:party:

Wish i could watch, but it is to nice a day out here to sit in the house.
By the way D it looks like a great day for you.We do have some lite winds to help keep it cool.
Good luck.Be safe.

Looks like Team NAXJA took second place, about one minute behind first. Also looks like Robert will pick up sixth place.

Great work,guys!

David Bricker / SYR

Yup and all that after a flop in the 2nd or 3rd lap. Congratulations Team NAXJA.

Last edited:
Yup and all that after a flop in the 2nd or 3rd lap. Congratulations Team NAXJA.

Team NAXJA flopped? I only got a chance to see the last three laps.

David Bricker / SYR

It was a great race! I was glad I went to see it, Team Petty Cash/NAXJA had a great run. Started in the 4th position with RWKHAUS.com ( a NAXJA sponsor) starting 6th. It was a good clean start and both rigs took off in pursuit of a win!

Team NAXJA took a quick position when the 2nd starter had issues and went off track, though shortly after that team NAXJA flopped their rig on the side. Track workers were able to right them quickly and off they went to their 2nd place finish!
Robert K had some suspension issues and spent time in the pits to repair it. After getting back on track and avoiding a DNF he was able to grab 6th place! Good job guys it was a good day of racing for XJ nation!

There was no real announcer so I tried to decipher the race, my apologies if i missed something or got something backwards.lol

Yeah it was a blast...

3rd lap I passed a blue and yellow flopped xj and for three laps a white xj only 3 tabletop jumps down the trail doing repairs, all the while a Toyota was right there w me racing side by side.

then we blew apart a shock body that lead to a busted bump and then a broken off exh connector and super lean a/f due to no exh. I stopped in pits and figured I was done and called it. I went into helping others mode and started calling out on the radio to see who I could help... Charles my codriver made my pits the most capable repair and prepared pits there for any class with his outrageous heavy equip rolling shop on wheels. I think 32 tons of shop on wheels. But everyone in a xj was about fixed or off again

Then my great guys in pit evaluated and made the assessment we only needed to get the collected bolted back together, the bump from one side that was good to the side with the broken shock and bump at all now, and to just get some more laps. So they jumped at it after about 20 Min of just thanking everyone and calling it we got to work.

We headed back out and man what a rush the last finish checker was racing the leader for the last mile. He was a sit in driver in a jk and he almost flipped at about 1 Mile to go , just after we let him pass.

I figured it was close to the time call and didn't let up racing him thru a s section and hard. He made a mistake at the last turn in the s and I was right there As he was basically flopping it and steering to try and not go over...

I hit it and just said screw it to no shock or rear bumps and drifted tight and pass him and just drove hard over a few more jumps to get a checker just a head of him and earning one more lap. He was the leader so it was a good late push...

Got 6th but finished my first ultra4 race and had a BLAST!

Now to fix and hope to race again soon...

Last edited:
What a blast! :party:
Thanks for the ride Robert. Great sportsmanship out there. Got a few pics to share before running out the door.

Back