• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas tank skid install

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
So i am having problems... And its making me REALLY mad. I managed to get the hitch off having problems with one bolt. I got pics of some stuff i had to do to try to figure out how i can get this bolted up with no problems... here are the pics.
e8ac31865b8c__1246644002000.jpeg

1a4605a10d57__1246644171000.jpeg

Im just thinking cause the first bolt doesn't have a little block to hold it in place. What can i do to make it work? Could someone maybe bring a welder to my house and zap it real quick? or i could drive there. what ever works or can i use a block from a different one?

The more i look at it the more it looks like it wont work for my jeep... Heres a pic of it how it would pretty much go... Holes don't line up and the hitch doesn't fit over the skid...??? i am lost
664d9c9ecc5e__1246646418000.jpeg

Ummm, yeah, not a factory hitch.

I was just headed out for a bit, I'll try and get pics up later.

In the mean time, search "nut strip"

okay well i was able to get the skid on using the brackets and nuts and bolts i had. from the hitch. I could probably clearance the hitch to work for the skid but i would need to use a good grinder or a plasma. and i would need to find nut strips for both sides.

i have one but you will have to fight hypoid for it, kinda already said he could have it.

Ouch...... that's kinda cold of ya.

"Here's what you're looking for, but someone else has dibs. Nya nya nya-nya nya......"

:twak:

:D

Yep, not even close to a factory hitch - looks like the mounting bolt at the farthest rear hole must have been drilled into the unibody by the installer - factory hitches don't go that far back.

Looks like Crimzon needs it worse than I do, so I'll pass.

I think I have an extra set of nut strips that I'd let go, FOR FREE!!! I seem to remember one being bent somehow, so that might be another headache to contend with.

So I don't need to upload pics?

that between you and crimzon, i could always just come do some labor for you hypoid. you guys figure it out, but either way its on my rig waiting to be pulled. i would love to trade it for some rear leafs that dont sag.

Crimzon316 said:
Would you want this hitch hypoid?
Honestly, I was going to stick it in my "someday" pile. Your day is now, so you wheel-n-deal with bones.

Bones, when I get some projects lined out, I'll get with you for help.

BTW, I didn't think your springs looked all that bad.

Crimzon316 said:
seriously though i wouldn't mind sendin it your way. I won't have any use for it if i have a stock one.
If you drive up for the nut strips, bring it along.

yea i was lookin at em today and if i add shackles i think it would be pretty bad off.
Same goes for stock. Maybe an extra leaf would cure that "sag".

Honestly, I didn't notice any sagging. Mine were arched the wrong direction when we got it, they were sagging. LOL

Back