• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FYI Grand Cherokee and Liberty recall = Free Trailer Hitch

KPTHEMP

That's Me
NAXJA Member
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just install factory gas tank skids instead of new hitches? I wouldn't mind a new hitch regardless.

Waiting to see if my mom's get's recalled. It's in the year range but I read somewhere that not all of them would get it...some would just get "inspected".

Not sure if that's true or not, but I sure wouldn't mind a free hitch for hers!

I'll give someone $100 to run into my wife's libby as long as no one is in it. Oh wait...she already has a hitch. But according to the NHSTA (or whatever) it won't matter.

Here comes another Nader book...unsafe at any speed...2.

Maybe I will go by a ford explorer with firestone destinations on it. :D

Neither my ZJ or WJ qualify. They said they will install hitches on the ZJ's, but mine already has a factory set up.

On the WJ's they are just going to look at the ones that have no hitches at all, won't do anything with those that have Mopar factory hitches, and will replace aftermarket with Mopar. I suspect that is because to install a hitch on the WJ, it also requires replacing the rear bumper.

I wonder, if they install the hitch, if they have to install all the brake light wiring and connector box as well, or if they are just slapping a hitch on and calling it good.

They were Firestone Wilderness tires that Ford had the issues with.

Back