• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS soon 2000 Focus LX

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
The car:
Red 2000 Focus LX sedan; 5spd manual, 2.0 SPI engine (bout 103hp), A/C, AM/FM/CD
The good:
Fun to drive, handles well, stick shift is always fun to run through the gears, 26-30mpg mixed city/hwy driving
The bad:
Some minor dents and dings of unknown origin, none bad though. its been keyed twice. Once in it previous life, once by someone who wanted to add on. Some other minor scratches. Clutch is just starting to slip, but I bought a new Centerforce clutch to put in. Haven't installed yet. I went with a higher performance clutch figuring if the stock clutch lasted 95k miles, one meant for higher power oughtta last even longer behind our gerbil power motor. That said the slippage is bad, its mainly just if you try a jackrabbit start in 1st and keep your foot on the clutch too long. I avoid that now. :)
The why:
Wife is pregnant with our third kid. The other two are still in carseats. A third carseat won't fit in the XJ or the Focus and we're not takin two cars everywhere :D We're also moving to an area with rougher roads (if anyone's familiar with the area, "rural" 29 Palms where the roads are more like guidelines through the desert sands) and she doesn't want to risk sinking. :)

I'm figuring on somewhere around $3000obo, I might could make a deal for red letter folks, but that's the range we'll be hoping for. Anyone interested reply or PM, but keep in mind, we won't necessarily be able to sell right away. I start my new job Tuesday 4/1, and will need the Focus to get back and forth until we get into our house. 80+ miles each way in an XJ with gas at $3.50/gal would bankrupt me:D We hope to be in a new house within 2 months though.

Back