• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1998 XJ.. full width, 38s...

ClarkPeach

NAXJA Forum User
Decided not to keep this project. Here's the skinny... I bought this from Seth (proracedriver) last July after totaling my old XJ, intending to make it a badass crawler/DD. However, with buying a house and my work/personal schedules I simply don't have the time to finish it, nor can I justify spending the money to do so. It's not worth me sitting on it forever, so would rather see it go to a local that will finish, use, and abuse it the way it was intended to be.

-1998 XJ sport
-4.0 with xxxxxx.xx miles, starts and runs decent but could use some secondary ignition work and some premium fuel run through it. (a tune up, basically...)
-all glass in tact and good shape
-All four doors removable, but windows glued in place
-Chopped rear with functioning back hatchand rear CJ tail gate
-Narrowed front w/ TJ grille and ProComp lights
-Partial exo cage and sliders
-Fuel tank moved up into "bed"
-Crappy faded Herculiner paint job
-front BPEs
-6.5" front coils
-unknown springs in rear w/ beefy 2" shackles
-HP D44 front,4.88s, detroit locker, 8lug conversion from 79 F250 (new hubs, caliper brackets, rotors, calipers, seals, warn premium hubs)
-FF D60 rear (out of 2000.5 E350) with 4.10s and LSD
-Fox 2.0 air-overs, 14" travel (not installed, need recharged)
-full-traction front upper and lower links
-Poly Performance LCA frame brackets (NIB)
-Ruffstuff adjustable frame and axle trac bar brackets (NIB)
-1.5" tie rod with heims
-1.5" drag link with heims
-1.5" trac bar with heims (just need misalignment spacers)
-4x 38/12.50/16.5 Super Swamper SX with 90% tread on Allied steel wheels (3.5 BS)
-1x 38/12/50/16.5 TSL with 20% on DIY beadlock wheel
-Also includes several spare front driveshafts

All it needs to be "finished" to the point of being driveable is the following..

-Steering installed
-Trac bar and brackets installed
-Front and Rear brakes plumbed and system bled
-Rear driveshaft needs conversion ujoint to fit the D60 1350 flange (or just have a new rear shaft made)
-New rear u-bolts (current ones weren't threaded far enough)
*Front axle is currently not installed, but I will get it in prior to sale to make it easier to get on/off of a trailer.

Here's the most recent pics I have of it...

Jeepy2.jpg

Joelandjeepy1.jpg

Jeepyfront.jpg

I am sure I am forgetting a few things, but will go back over this list and everything else I have in the AM once I am back at the shop and will update as needed. Will also update with correct/current mileage.

$2900 takes the whole shabang. Will be going on Craigslist on the 26th for $3000.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Clark

a couple little things, the windows in the doors arent glued in place, there are just no wires in any of the doors, so if someone went to the junkyard and bought 4 door wiring harness's and plugged the doors in then the windows would be operable again. And whatever the odometer read was correct, that jeep didnt have too many miles on it as i recall. Sad day that your selling it man :(

a couple little things, the windows in the doors arent glued in place, there are just no wires in any of the doors, so if someone went to the junkyard and bought 4 door wiring harness's and plugged the doors in then the windows would be operable again. And whatever the odometer read was correct, that jeep didnt have too many miles on it as i recall. Sad day that your selling it man :(

Oh, right on. It's been a while and my memory was crap to begin with. :gag:

Yeah, I'm not exactly happy about it, but I've already sold two other vehicles I loved to make this house deal work, so what's one more, right? =/

If it had a YJ front clip on it I'd be calling you up to see what we could work out. :D

Good luck with the sale man, that thing is cool.

It's got full traction arms with Poly Performance frame brackets (FT brackets wouldn't fit with the sliders). Was going to run a 3link and DD it. Currently unsure how it would ride, though..

Sure thing. However, as the OP says, the front axle isn't currently under it (rig is at my work and haven't had time to get it bolted together yet).

If you PM me a cell number I can text pics this evening after work.

I need to stop looking at this thing, something about it really draws me.

So you're looking for a Passat? :D

For 3k$ it should sell pretty quick. If I had the cash I'd probably snag it, but alas I am broke.

Last edited:
302675_2372774793496_1074300297_32360996_689137304_n.jpg

392763_2372799474113_1074300297_32361001_2072716358_n.jpg

Decided to make it all a bit easier to move around... Axle should be in sometime in the next few days depending how busy work gets.

NAXJA price of 2500 still stands, too...

Back