• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FRS

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
I think that we will use these again for the trail rides, that was the goal with giving them away last year anyways. We need someone to throw up a reminder about a week before the event to remind people to put fresh batteries in them.

Also, John do we have extras? We should sell these for a discounted rate at the registration table so everyone can have one.

mac 'work better than CBs' gyvr

Are we going to include them in the registration for members? My only concern is making it a requirement and having people complain that they have to buy something that isn't a Naxja requirement after we gave them to everyone last year.

My impression was that by giving everyone radios last year it would keep the complaints to a minimum whenever the requirement changed from CB to FRS.

If people lost/forgot/etc the FRS from last year it's on them to replace IMO. I still have mine plus I upgraded to the Baofeng.

We gave them away last year to members.

I don't know how many we have left, but unlikely enough for all members to get another one, but my thought was selling to those who need them for pretty cheap.

mac 'like a couple bucks each' gyvr

The requirement was supposed to change for 2016...

mac 'making frs mandatory' gyvr

I liked the use of the frs radios last year. Made it really easy to communicate with people when your spotting them or just communication out on the trail. I would buy an extra one or 2 if they don't get sold at WF. Mine didn't have a clip on it so can't clip it onto anythning.

PSA on this is posted in the forum.

Also, Byron, can you get with the MI guys and see how many leaders they will have and John, let's set aside some loaners from our stash so those guys have them as well this year.

I loaned out my personal radios to them last year and I did not get all of them back. I would prefer to avoid that happening this year.

mac 'radios everywhere' gyvr

2-3 groups max on the MI property. I'll nail down how many leaders/gunners next time I talk to Mike.

I will have my Baofeng, and I have 2 Cobras from last year I can bring; I would really like them back though. They make backing the camper in to a site way easier than yelling out the window :D

John did you ever get a moment to inventory how many FRS radios we have?

We may want to buy a pack of batteries to make sure the ones we are selling are ready to rock and roll.

mac 'also need to see what we paid for them' gyvr

I will get on this Mac...no I did not they are way back in my barn. I was thinking we would sell them for $ 10 just to move them that is close to what we have in them. I will take care of getting batteries in them......

Ram" I am thinking we have between 10 to 15 of them left" rod

I will donate batteries.
AA and AAA right?

I'll buy some sam's club packs and whatevers left is for the group for the weekend.

Thanks nate!

mac 'need to remember to put batteries in mine' gyvr

I will donate batteries.
AA and AAA right?

I'll buy some sam's club packs and whatevers left is for the group for the weekend.

Thanks buddy I will get a radio count with battery size this week.

Ram" been spending to much time in two states" Rod

Back