• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOR SALE: STOCK 94 XJ in NJ -- GREAT FOR A NEW PROJECT

KRIVRAQ

NAXJA Forum User
1994 CHEROKEE SPORT

This XJ is completely stock. She has been driven daily, mostly highway for the past 5 1/2 years. And the concrete/asphalt jungle has become a bore. I think the trails are calling, therefore a rebirth may be in order.

Exterior consists of Dark Metallic Green with the usual minor defects: a few chips and scratches here and there around the bumpers and rocker panels; a few SMALL parking lot door dings--nothing deep, chipped, or rusted; rear bumper plastic corners are dented in--not cut or torn; Right front corner has MINOR, almost unnoticable, damage to bumper and fender (looks like previous owner may have slid into something, NO frame damage and hood lines are true); passenger side mirror has broken glass from ice hitting it from another car (I have the factory replacement, just never replaced--you know how that goes). All other glass is clean and functioning. All lights functioning.

Interior: Cloth/vinyl has some wear, could use a shampooing if desired. Carpeting is in good condition. Headliner in rear cargo area starting to sag (typical). All dash gagues functioning. Stock radio/cassette.

As for the "goods" :
  • 4.0 liter I-6 MPI 267,684 miles -- still VERY strong
  • 5 speed OD manual AX-15 -- yeah! exterior slave
  • NP-231 "Command Trac" transfer case -- 4WD works
  • Power Steering
  • Power Brakes
  • AC -- not as cool as it used to be
  • OEM Roof Rack
  • 4 doors
The bad news is that there is transmission trouble: As of now, clutch not fully disengaging, trouble getting into gear. Possibly needs a new pilot bearing. Clutch disc and plate, throwout, and pilot bearings were replaced roughly 3 1/2 years ago. Transfer lube seepage from one seal as well. With the high milage, I wouldn't be surprised if a tranny overhaul was in order.

This XJ is my fiancee's. I have performed all of the maintenance for her over the past 4 years and roughly 115,000 miles. My father, a lifetime Master Mechanic and multiple shop owner, helped with the tranny. I do not have the exact mileage quotes for all the maintenace I have performed, but here is a chronological list:
  • plugs, wires, distributor cap
  • oil pressure sending unit
  • starter
  • clutch assembly, crankshaft rear main seal
  • repaired surface rust (sandblasted) and pin-hole leak (JB Weld) under windshield top trim, new windshield
  • front and rear shocks
  • water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt
  • power steering pump
  • radiator
  • catalytic converter (12.06)
  • battery (2.07)
  • 4 new tires (11.07)
Until the recent tranny trouble, this was still a daily highway rider -- and still can be! The engine is strong. Not sure which gearing is in the rear, but definately a lower end, towing, crawling package, lots of torque! She definately needs a good home from someone who can breathe new life into her. I think this a project "in the making" since there is really nothing to take off, just build it up. I would rather sell to someone who can really get the proper use and enjoyment out of this XJ than to some high schooler who'll beat it into the ground in 6 months, or a tree. That's why you're reading it here. As far as an asking price, we have a rough number, but nothing is set in stone. Please feel free to inquire.

I will post new pics when the sun comes up!

Thanks for looking!

I have been asked about the condition of the floors and after looking underneath, I have this to add...

Unfortunately, yes they are rusted. Front driver's side has surface rust, both front and rear passenger's side are rusted through. I have pics of entire truck and floor areas, but can not post them because of file sizes. If interested, I can easily email them to you.

Back