• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For anyone who wants justice

Done. Hard to believe we could all lose our favorite places for driving to people who have never been 4 wheeling. Kinda like losing our right to bear arms to people who have never held a gun.... something just not right about the balance of things in either situation.

Coming back to topic - I was #35xx on the list.

I liken it to drag racing - they shut down all the legal venues for amateur drags, so they moved out onto the street. It's always going to be there - but if we set aside areas for it, it's kept under control, should be clean, and will be safer.

Would you rather have kids dragging on the street, or at a race lot? I vote race lot.

Would you rather see people trying to tear it up out in the parks, or (worse!) on private land, or in 4WD preserves set aside and intended for off-roading? I'd rather not see people trying to "tear it up" anywhere, but I'd also rather keep my thumb on them so they don't screw it up for the rest of us, y'know?

Besides, it's easier to justify harsher penalties for doing something stupid if you have provided a place where it can be done safely... Just look at the explosion in street drags in the Bay Area, since the Fremont Drags closed down...

Back