• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOOD for Big Bear - Saturday night!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

Next weekend is the Big Bear trip and honoring (or roasting..) Mike Rollins...

Wheeling during the day, BBQ and party in the night. I am thinking the BBQ will be around 6:00, as long as folks are off of the trails by then.

The cabin has a spa, so bring bathing suits... no Speedos please....

we need figure out food arrangements. Some folks have mentioned they would like to help out and bring food and such.

It will be a BYOB so bring your favorite beverages...

For those who do not want to or can't bring food, please bring some cash to help pay for the food. I am not certain on the price, but it will be around $10 a person.

For those folks bringing food, plan on at least 25 people.

I am looking for some help on other things like condiments, chips, salsa, paperplates, napkins, etc...

Please post up what you plan on bringing or how you can help.

I plan on getting some hamburgers and hotdogs and throwing them on the BBQ. If someone wants to bring chicken, carne asada, or steak, bring it.

If you need to keep the food at the cabin during the day, in fridge or someplace, just come to the cabin by 8:15 AM on Sat. We are meeting at the Discovery Center at 8:30 for the trails. There will be a few folks hanging out at the cabin during the day, I believe.

I'll be happy to contribute some cashish.

Kyung

Awesome guys!

Thanks Santa!

I'm a grill master so I'll help out on the BBQ.
I'll also bring misc. salad crap.
Should I also bring tomatos, onions, pickles and the like for the dogs and burgers?

Okay, I'll bring that stuff too, enough for 50 or so.

Rick

Jump This said:
I'm a grill master so I'll help out on the BBQ.
I'll also bring misc. salad crap.
Should I also bring tomatos, onions, pickles and the like for the dogs and burgers?

Okay, I'll bring that stuff too, enough for 50 or so.

Rick

That's cool.

As for the count, I figure we will have about 30 something people, but then there's Johnny - he can eat for three or four.... LOL

So, let's plan everything around 35 people. Some will want more, some will want less...

thanks for bringing the pickles, let's not leave them in the cooler.... LOL

I will make some coleslaw as well....

Hey gang,

here's been an sugeestion to have tri-tip.. now, I am not Capt Ron and he's nto able to make this trip, but we can do some tri-tip, but the cost will increase.

So, if you want to add tri-tip, post up. Not sure of the price until I buy it on Fri in Big Bear...

We can still do some burgers and dogs for us budget-minded folks...

I'll bring brownies and appetizers for before the barbecued food is ready and to munch on later in the evening.

Btw., for my work party, I bought tri-tip at Costco, I think it was $6.99 per pound.

I'll bring some cash and good heff...

Lilian said:
I'll bring brownies and appetizers for before the barbecued food is ready and to munch on later in the evening.

Btw., for my work party, I bought tri-tip at Costco, I think it was $6.99 per pound.

Great idea! There's no Costco in BB though. If I have time, I will try to go by on my out Friday, but that may be pushing it.

rpraterxj said:
Great idea! There's no Costco in BB though. If I have time, I will try to go by on my out Friday, but that may be pushing it.

I don't have all that much time either, but if necessary, I can swing by the one near me on Friday evening, I think they close at 8.30 pm.

See how things work out for you and let me know how much you need. Patrick and I would be in on that too! :)

Lilian said:
I don't have all that much time either, but if necessary, I can swing by the one near me on Friday evening, I think they close at 8.30 pm.

See how things work out for you and let me know how much you need. Patrick and I would be in on that too! :)

Thanks. I replied to your PM and will e in touch with you.

I'll bring fresh homemade salsa

4xSanta said:
That stuf u guys make is "GREAT".........SANTA
x2!!!

Well I've got a shitload of tomatoes, so I'll have plenty of salsa.

Back