• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expedition runs

chero-car

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I have seen an interest for expedition runs, with an actual place or landmark as the goal for the trip. So I figured I would start a thread where we could discuss ideas, target areas and other things that would be geared more towards the adventuring side of owning an XJ rather than the "hardcore wheeling" aspect. Lets see where it goes!

There are some of us thinking of doing a back country/ logging road trip from falls city (outside of dallas) to lincoln city. The goal of this trip is to see the old logging ghost town of valsetz and "valley of the giants" which is one of the oldest growth timber stands in oregon.

This run will have a maximum number of participants which will be decided at a later date.

Requirements will be set closer to the date, depends on snow level and whether its a day run or over nighter.

Last edited:
I don't know....................

I may have to dust off the Jeep for something like this.

Make sure its up for long distance on the highway. Most of these types of trips were thinking of are a ways from the valley, especially the metro area. Light wheeling, if any. Just getting out and going for an adventure.

Make sure its up for long distance on the highway. Most of these types of trips were thinking of are a ways from the valley, especially the metro area. Light wheeling, if any. Just getting out and going for an adventure.

spare parts, spare gas, cold weather gear and MRE's.

I'm for sure down for trips like this. The few I've gone on have been awesome.

I'm ALL over this!
Thanks for starting the discussion on these kind of trips, looks like there's some good interest. CANT WAIT!

Back