• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dunked xj running again, but with some issues

thechief86

NAXJA Forum User
89 wagoneer limited: 4.0, aw4, np242, d30, d35
dunked past the steering wheel, dragged out within 5 or ten minutes. old motor wouldn't start, except for 2 minutes at a time after sitting. bought a 4.0 H.O. from a 92 xj with a 5spd, and 150k on the clock.....

so i swapped engines(just the long block, kept all other stuff), and finally got the new one to start. problem is, it misfires pretty bad, and DUMPS fuel. it is running so rich, that there's a puddle of raw gas under the tailpipe, and it's also coming out where i have an exhaust leak as well. i think it might be the MAP sensor, but i'm not 100% on that. i can't just go check it out right now, because it's about an hour away at my buddy's house, but i need some ideas on what else could be the matter. i think i can wrangle up a MAP sensor pretty easily, and if it's not the problem i'm stumped. i'm gonna try to clean out all the vacuum lines, and make sure that at least the fuel pressure regulator, map sensor, and whatever the one on the fender are all get good vacuum, so i can rule vacuum out as the cause. help me out fellas!!! i'm tired of borrowing my wife's PINK corolla! it makes me look like a queer....
supergay.gif
not cool at all. just not cool.

ha, i thought the cts was a temp sensor? i might be wrong, but i can't really see that being the thing.... also, i put in an HO motor, and if the cts is what i think it is, it doesn't take one, and i plugged it into that hole in the thermostat housing i toldja bout....

Back