• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drawing

SC Rednek

NAXJA Forum User
Sometimes to stay awake in class when I'm really bored. Anyone else got any?
Scan0015.jpg

cherokee.jpg

3_1.jpg

3_2.jpg

quick! draw doors! its gonna fold like a paper taco!!!

:D

for some reason i always found the Jeep proportions hard to get just right, iv'e never had one that turned out right.

That's a really nice picture, way better than mine - What's with the red marks, is that art class?

for some reason i always found the Jeep proportions hard to get just right, iv'e never had one that turned out right.

Took my a while, I started by drawing 2-d side and end views, and then slowly got it right. Took a lot of erasing on each of those

I accualy did not draw that, you can draw 10000 times better then me. That is accualy a local artist i found that was sending me proofs for my approval, then going on a big canvas and is going to be painted. I should have said it didnt draw that.

I have spent 1000 hours in class drawing jeep and jeep parts but nothing that nice, good work!

Does this qualify?

1BADXJ08.jpg

And yes, I do understand that I'm a dork with way too much time on my hands...

Robert

Thanks, I got a million of em... Twodoors, fourdoors, steeldoors, tubedoors, nodoors... stock, lifted, crewcab comanches, choptops and tube buggies...

I've even got scaled em down to a pixel-per-inch, so I can plug 'em into the plans for my new house...

Yep. Lotsa time on my hands...

Robert

Would you mind posting up a four door and an MJ? I saved the previous one and started making it the same color as mine, LOL

Sure! Stock heights okay? Nose n tail, too?

One thing: Photobucket will only host the jpeg, but if you wanna play with em, it's a lot nicer to start with a nice clean bmp.

You can either pm me with your email and I'll send the bmp direct, or you can:

- save the jpeg
- reopen it in paint
- save it again, as a monochrome bitmap. (That should clear up all the off-whites and almost-blacks)
- once it's cleaned up, copy and paste it back into a standard bitmap

That ended up sounding a lot more complicated than it is...

Lemme know if you want help...

Robert

Last edited:
XJsketch.jpg

MJsketch.jpg

Now I'm not 100% on the proportions of the MJ beds, I drew those based off the photos I could find online.

If someone can get me true measurements (front edge of bed to axle centerline, to back edge of taillight) I can update em, but I think they're pretty close.

And if anybody is as anal as I am, the scale on those is about 2.84 pix per inch.

Robert

Now I'm not 100% on the proportions of the MJ beds, I drew those based off the photos I could find online.

If someone can get me true measurements (front edge of bed to axle centerline, to back edge of taillight) I can update em, but I think they're pretty close.

And if anybody is as anal as I am, the scale on those is about 2.84 pix per inch.

Robert

Cool, Thanks I'll try and post up the results!

Does this qualify?

1BADXJ08.jpg

And yes, I do understand that I'm a dork with way too much time on my hands...

Robert
hey rob, this is quiet possibly the closest thing to what i want my 2 door to look like, iv ever seen. other than what in my head of course. good work man!

hey rob, this is quiet possibly the closest thing to what i want my 2 door to look like, iv ever seen. other than what in my head of course. good work man!

Well, that's pretty much what she looks like:

p08070527.jpg

p08070528.jpg

Thanks!

Robert

hells yea! id love to retro a set of those back windows on my 99 and some tube doors. but i am but a lowly military member and they dont pay us shit! lol

Back