• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone know for sure if a Borla header for a 93'-96' 4.0 XJ fit a 92' 4.0 XJ?

aeheschutte

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched on NAXJA for a solid answer and even called Borla and nobody has a for sure answer.(Borla just refused to answer because they wanted to cover their own butts) One member said that a 96 Borla header fit on his 92 MJ, so it should fit my 92 XJ. Does anybody have any further guidance or knowledge on this??? Anybody ever tried this???

I just cleaned it, painted it with some nice thermal paint, and threw it on. I am pretty sure it was from a 1996. I think the only thing that changed through those years was a slight change in the port shape.

91-96 had the HO4.0 so I do not see why it wont fit. Sure 96 had OBD-II but that is just electronics.

I've had the same Borla on a 94 and a 96. AFAIK the 91-95 heads are 7120s and the 96-99 are 0630s(although the 97s clearly don't have a head port for a temp sensor, so it might actually be 91-96, 97-99), so I'd say the Borla 17039 header fits 91-99s.

Last edited:
Back