• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did i finish in time for Barnwell?

Big_JermsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My goal was, as the title hints to, to finish the jeep in time to make it out to Barnwell. Well better late than never. I've got the wheeling itch bad, I'll be up for a run after this weekend if anybody is interested...
jeepcomp009.jpg

jeepcomp011.jpg

looks good, we're talking katemcy sometime in the spring

Speaking of Katemcy, I did a bit of digging to see how feasible it would be for our Rides of March event. Looks like they have 2 open events around that time frame:

APRIL 12-13
Texas A&M Off Road's Annual Texas Club Challenge
(open event)
2 day event, special fees will apply
Registration thru www.tamor.org

MAY 3-4
Trail Duty sponsored open event
www.trailduty.com
(open event)

Neither is in March, but they are close. I'd say the Trail-Duty sponsored event is our best chance to "tailgate" an open event.

Now, we could consider a closed event, but that costs $3000 UP FRONT. It covers the first 60 vehicles, sure, but there is no way we could field that much participation unless we pull in local jeep clubs, as well. Even then, we still have to shake loose the money to reserve the weekend.

If you want to drive to the Spring area this Sunday we are going to go wheeling at Spring Creek.

Back