• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coordination in lower staging area

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I can't remember if we had it last year or not and if it would make that big of a difference but, did we have anything in the lower parking lot when staging for runs in the mornings to tell which group was running which trail? Like the trail leader had a flag or sign in front of them telling which trail they will be going to. May alleviate some confusion when everyone is gathering in the mornings.

Simple answer is YES... Can we always do a better job?....YES

Mac and I have talked about this a lot, we need to have some type of sign, 2 or 3 green signs, 2 orange signs and 2 red signs.

How crafty are you Ben? feel up to making something easy to store from year to year that we could use?

we need something identifable that won't blow away in the wind with at least TWO distintive markings for two green trails, two orange trials, a red trail and possibly a mission impossible trail.

mac 'yes dan and i talked about it a couple of weeks ago' gyvr

Thanks Ben......

I tried to get them lined up last year, but at times it was like herding kittens. Signs would be a great help.

That's why I was wanting to do some kind of marker, because no one for sure knows who is really leading what, if there's a large marker or something they can be pointed in the right direction at least.

mac 'lead and they will follow...maybe' gyvr

I think you could make this happen with pvc pipe and colored fabric.

Build portable stands out of pvc, hold them down with sandbags and use the appropriate colored fabric as a flag. You can line them up anywhere, no need to put them in the ground and all you have to say is "over there by the green flag" when you start lining them up.

Well here is what I have so far. Was gonna paint the mounts the colors they need to be then find something to put at the top for like a flag with its corresponding color.
ezeduqap.jpg

de7ege5a.jpg

ME LIKE!

Also, keep your receipt for the expenses and I'm sure we will pay you back.

mac 'but no storage fees :) 'gyvr

Ben great job.....Thank you for all of the work......

Ram" will pay you back at WF " Rod.....

We just finished up the flags tonight. Suzi had to teach herself how to run the sewing machine again but she got the hang of it.
ahuhazuq.jpg

Back