• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter Monthly Run: RED CONE!!!!!

I hope to. But you know how things get in the way. With my luck something will come up.

I haven't been there since the last time I went with you Mike! I'd love to go but I'm a maybe at the moment. The Jeep may or may not be ready for The Cone by then.

I think that should be possible, with the caveat that more people may prefer Saturday.

The caveat is that the majority will rule. However, if you and I are the only ones going, I can easily be swayed into a Sunday outing. :)

I think the underlying principle of going the last Saturday of the month is to schedule a time and maintain a sense of consistency. If more people want to go one day over the other, I feel we should have at least that much flexibility.

St the moment, I can make both days. Are you going to run Red Cone, then Radical Hill and back via I-70?

flingshot said:
I haven't been there since the last time I went with you Mike! I'd love to go but I'm a maybe at the moment. The Jeep may or may not be ready for The Cone by then.
That was my first trip there. I have wanted to go back ever since.

old_man said:
Are you going to run Red Cone, then Radical Hill and back via I-70?
I would like to exit to the North this time. I'm not dead set on anything, other than everyone having a good time. If someone does not want to try Radical Hill, I'm OK with taking the easy route to the highway. I would keep both options open to accommodate the participants' abilities.

Have you ever looked at exiting to the south?

Did that once. :)

My understanding is that Webster Pass Road to the North is pretty Ho-Hum, all the way to Montezuma, Where Radical Hill is a bit more of a challenge.

Radical hill is less challenging than Red Cone. The big factor for it is a long shelf road and a high pucker factor for flat landers. Other than that it is easy.

old_man said:
Radical hill is less challenging than Red Cone. The big factor for it is a long shelf road and a high pucker factor for flat landers. Other than that it is easy.
Hmmmm, the people who told me about Radical must have been flat-landers.

freerider15 said:
I won't be able to make it, I've got my CRAWL shoot that day.

Hoping to make at least one of the monthly runs this year
If you miss the Adopt-a-Road in September, you are automatically obligated to lead a snow run...in your buggy.

Like I said, it never fails. I have to work tomorrow. Bummer.

This work thing is going to have to go. It keeps getting in the way of wheeling and having a life.

Back