• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil bow?

2001 XJ Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone, i have a 2001 jeep cherokee. running 6.5" lift and 35's. both my front coils are bow pretty bad. never had issues when i was just driving around but it doesnt look to healthy lol, any one else having this problem or know fix? any help is much appreciated!!!

Adjustable control arms should cure the problem.

What lift kit?DB's or LA's?

If he's got a 6.5" lift without adjustable control arms, he's got more problems than coil bow.

Probably not that big of a deal. Your pinion angle is more important than the coils curving a little bit.

i know adjustable control arms are the fix, however, your coil will be bowed at that height slightly since you need to preserve good caster and pinion angle... making the coils 100% flat will affect driveability.

cmon its been like 20 mins. look around more, read some reviews and other info, and make a decision that works best for you

when you ask that question here, everyone will come in recommending their favorite brand, but that doesnt really get you anywhere since what works for them isnt necessarily best for you

There's no difference, only in how they might "interface" with the back of the coil bucket. In your case with drop brackets, get straight arms.

Back