• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee without front fenders?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I was pondering my future plans for tube flares, and realized my fenders are already fairly beat up so fitting the top piece to the flares will be tricky...then it hit me, why not remove the fender all together and just build a flare/fender from tube?

So with that thought, I'm trying to hunt down pictures of XJ's at any phase of their life without the front fenders/a front fender. Maybe even a cherokee with tube instead of a fender?

Once I see some pictures I hope to decide how practical/realistic a fully home-fabbed front fender would be.

I GOT THIS.

standard.jpg

Picture courtesy G&G Off Road, Bakersfield, Ca - you know, Goatman.

Last edited:
Hmm looks like there might not be an easy route to line it as a fender...or at least a flare.

Keep the pics coming though, those are helpful! Thanks!

Hmmm...I still see hope for the idea.

Thanks for all the photos/links guys! I'm thinking something like Eric's cage build...possibly mixed with WebDog's (being that it's closer to the door, and there's no cage).

I do plan to build a cage sometime relatively soon, but it's still up in the air.

Back