• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee MPG Poll

crumb

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get some accurate MPG numbers for our XJ's. I have a quick poll that asks basic info about your Cherokee and what MPG you get. I have also created a page that will display the data so you can see what kind of MPG people are getting.
I will update the results page as we get more data to show what kind of mileage people get with different setups.

Here is the poll

Here is the results

Crumb, what mpg are you getting lately? I'm curious - mine has been piss-poor with the defroster on lately + california's bad winter gas.

I do about half city and half with highway and have been getting about 16 mpg. I have a 4.5 inch lift and 32s.

WTF! My last tank was 13.8 mpg. Maybe it is time to clean the K&N.

It sucks cause it would be interesting to see actual results but some noob thinks he gets highway avg of 30mpg!!! I was looking forward to some actual solid data for once. :rolleyes:

I did the survey using info from my 91. When I get my new speedometer in the 97 I'll take it again. But there isn't an engine choice for 350 V-8

Would be nice to know what everybody else in this poll is running, like gears, transmission and engine type.

Stock I6, auto, 37"x12.50x17, 4.88s, F/R JK D44s and I'm getting 16 city 17 Highway. Speedo is about +5 mph off.

I did the survey using info from my 91. When I get my new speedometer in the 97 I'll take it again. But there isn't an engine choice for 350 V-8
That is what the OTHER selection is for.

I added some more feedback figures showing more rig setup data to the results page so you can see more of what the setups are being used for the mpg's people are getting.
When I get more time I will do some of the more difficult result comparisons.

Here is the results

Us Indiana hill billy's measure distance by time...

i get about an HR to 1/4 tank :D

AW4
2in lift
30x9.5 mud rovers
Driving mostly consists of a couple miles of stop and go then a few miles of 70mph speeds. I've been getting about 15mpg average before I did a tune up. Now that I have new plug wires, cps, oil breather, pcv valve, fuel filter, dist, cap, rotor, repaired vacuum lines and the plugs are gapped properly I'm curious to see what I get.

-Eric

Back