• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap ebay bumper/tow hook brackets

If your goal is to rip apart the unibody, go for it.

NO!

Give a reason Sir, or be BANNED! :D

Ron

Edit: That was supostobe funay...

Oh, Well...

The brackets look like OEM brackets. The Stock setup also has welded on brackets between the frame and the lower rad support, which help reinforce the front 2 holes. I see no reason they wouldn't work.

Last edited:
My tow hook brackets only have 1 bolt extending back and they haven't ripped apart my uni-body frame yet. :eyes:

I sit both corrected and chastised. :bawl:

Those look exactly like the OEM bumper mounts were the hooks attach on the bottom.

they have different listings for <97 and 97 up. But they should all work, right? They have a LH bracket for 97 up but on the RH side it shows a regular bracket(not tow hook) for 97 up and the tow hook bracket for pre-97. I have a 99, but any tow hook bracket should fit, right?

they have different listings for <97 and 97 up. But they should all work, right? They have a LH bracket for 97 up but on the RH side it shows a regular bracket(not tow hook) for 97 up and the tow hook bracket for pre-97. I have a 99, but any tow hook bracket should fit, right?

It should, no idea why it would be any different.

These look like they have the bumper mount attached to them (maybe that's how the OEMs worked, I dunno) I think that's where some confusion is. Maybe? Sorta?

94-96 Parts Catalog and 97-99 Parts Catalog show different part numbers for those brackets, and the 97 are different from the 98-99 numbers.

Maybe someone has tried it and will chime in.

Have you considered the salvage yard? After C4C there should be plenty in the yards.

I have a 95 and 99 nothing changed on the frame at all but the plastic on the 99 goes down a lot farther and I would be the diff The 97+ will stick down at least 3 in more in short go to a junk yard or weight for me to get fabing stuff up

To me the plastic end caps on the 99 look to hang down a lot more then my 95 witch is the same as your 89. And the holes in the plastic next to the fog lamps look to be down farther but I could be wrong. In any event. Plastic can be trimed the frames are still the same as far as I know

To me the plastic end caps on the 99 look to hang down a lot more then my 95 witch is the same as your 89. And the holes in the plastic next to the fog lamps look to be down farther but I could be wrong. In any event. Plastic can be trimed the frames are still the same as far as I know
The tow hooks sit under the bumper on the pre 97, and sit in the air dam/plastic end caps for the 97+.

Ya next to the fogs just thought it was lower then the older ones. Not the first time I have been wrong. Just thought I would menchen it thanks for correcting me

Well the bracket showed up today. Fast shipping. The metal is nice and thick, welds look good.. although I'm tempted to add more. The tow hook portion is 3/16'' thick. I can take photos but.. not sure it would make a difference. I'll try to install it soon. I'm bummed that the tow hook I saved from my Isuzu rodeo won't work.. the holes don't line up..

Well the bracket showed up today. Fast shipping. The metal is nice and thick, welds look good.. although I'm tempted to add more. The tow hook portion is 3/16'' thick. I can take photos but.. not sure it would make a difference. I'll try to install it soon. I'm bummed that the tow hook I saved from my Isuzu rodeo won't work.. the holes don't line up..

cool, thanks for being the guinea pig! Think I'll get a pair...

Back