• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone here...

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
Break the tires loose on their jeeps without holding the brake on dry pavement ? I tried today with mine, I just stomped on it. Not even a chirp! Just curious what kind of mods would be required to make enough power just to light them up at will.
 
i suggest getting a new zo6 or muscle car for that kind of stuff... the I-6 really wont give you the oomph you need even geared low ... even a stroker kit would proally be short of doing this even on stock tires... i would think a v8 conversion small block would do the trick
 
aparke4 said:
i suggest getting a new zo6 or muscle car for that kind of stuff... the I-6 really wont give you the oomph you need even geared low ... even a stroker kit would proally be short of doing this even on stock tires... i would think a v8 conversion small block would do the trick
are you freaking serious, my stroker will spin well into 2nd if i just floor it w/ the auto. yes on dry pavement.....

itll spin into overdrive in the rain
 
camarors8992 said:
Break the tires loose on their jeeps without holding the brake on dry pavement ? I tried today with mine, I just stomped on it. Not even a chirp! Just curious what kind of mods would be required to make enough power just to light them up at will.
Wait till the tires become bald....then try it :)
 
my 92 5 speed will fry the tires clear up until redline in 1st gear with the 30x9.5 mud tires on it. Was even worse with the tires that came on the jeep when i bought it. Stock engine except aftermarket air filter and free-flowing exhaust. I very rarely do it,just discovered it by accicdent one time when I needed to get on it to get out in traffic and it just set there and spun,so I let it eat until it redlined before i shifted. That is one of the wierdest sounds I have heard,mud tires sqealing on concrete. real deep squawl instead of the high pitched squeal normally heard from spinning tires:)
 
i can break my 32s loose on dry pavement if i want with my 5spd and 207000km on the clock. when i get a stroker and gears i wont be able to keep the tires on it
 
camarors8992 said:
Break the tires loose on their jeeps without holding the brake on dry pavement ? I tried today with mine, I just stomped on it. Not even a chirp! Just curious what kind of mods would be required to make enough power just to light them up at will.
I used to have some bald bridgestone duelers, (still have on on there) and I just bought a brand new cheapy tire and can burn that up but I couldn't burn up the dueler. Burning out is all about friction and the force pushing the tire onto the ground. Basically once you break that initial "spot" you dont have to fight the static frictional coefficient coefficient making it easier to keep it going. Also, if you have a bad rear suspension the back end will dive down a little bit more as well to keep weight on it and therefore not letting it spin easily. Basically depends on the tire, what type of pavement and such. I dynoed with almost 150rwhp (dr dyno said came out to about 205bhp and I could barely do it with my old tires. And for whoever said you can't do it with a stroker...:roflmao:
 
ready to mud said:
i can break my 32s loose on dry pavement if i want with my 5spd and 207000km on the clock. when i get a stroker and gears i wont be able to keep the tires on it
Standards are so easy to burn out it, just rev it up, drop it, and pray you dont hear snap. My friend with a sad 106hp Honda can break them loose because of that reason.
 
ok well i am at 36 inch irok and i am not stroked:mad:

my friend has a stock limited 01 and i could never burn his out on a flat surface and he had stock tires too...

maybe i just cant drive right... both are auto
 
Way back when mine was stock I was showing off and spinning the 27's . Then I snapped the rear driveshaft flang, Cracked the transfer case housing and destroyed my driveshaft.

Now I roll on 36" TSLs and try not to spin the tires.
 
My stock renix can chirp on dry, and go forever doing a brake stand. I prefer screwing around in the rain though, but the smoke is exhilirating. Just adding my two cents, but on a suggestions just clean everything up, and remove all the junk in your trunk and youll be able to have fun.

People under-estimate the I-6 alot. It has power to keep up with todays cars in the city, but once you hit 55 and try to accelerate aerodynamics take over.
 
I used to always spin mine at stop lights and take off. Thats when i had stock tires. I've gotten the 33s to do it but i dont do it much cause i dont want to break my axle doing some stupidness like that...
 
XJoshua said:
People under-estimate the I-6 alot. It has power to keep up with todays cars in the city, but once you hit 55 and try to accelerate aerodynamics take over.

I would definitely have to disagree with that. I've walked away from a v6 Camaro. We started at a roll and by 55 mph, I began pulling on him even harder than I was at lower speeds. We let off about 75 mph. Above 75 mph, here's what my XJ can do. http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jeepinwi/?action=view&current=XJStrokerAccel2.flv I think that is respectable acceleration.
 
jeepinwi said:
I would definitely have to disagree with that. I've walked away from a v6 Camaro. We started at a roll and by 55 mph, I began pulling on him even harder than I was at lower speeds. We let off about 75 mph. Above 75 mph, here's what my XJ can do. http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jeepinwi/?action=view&current=XJStrokerAccel2.flv I think that is respectable acceleration.




Every time you post that link..........I have to play it about ten times!:yelclap:

love the sound and the acceleration!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :arrowl: :D

flash.
 
V6 camaros aren't that great of an accomplishment...you beat a 200hp v6 that weighs a little more than your jeep. Plus you've got a 5 speed so you're gearing is going to help you out in the end vs some of us with the AW4. You've got to put up more vids of the stroker too btw.
 
And on a side note, most new cars out there nowadays will beat 4.0's. The market has changed a lot and baseline sedans will put the cherokee to shame. Even a stroker can barely hold a previous gen maxima or a "might V6 mustang or camaro"....
 
seanyb505 said:
IIRC the new Hyundai Sonara V6 makes about 265 HP, and V6 Accords are pretty quick too. Ill stick to my Civics for lunch
Its sad, a decked out stroker jeep can barely handle (if not get beat by) an old man in a v6 sedan thats completely stock, nvm when those are modified. Even civics with a handful of mods will take most jeeps. It doesnt take much when you weigh a little more than a ton. :gag:
 
Back
Top