• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cam Help!!!

addction

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guy's I have a stock 258 rod & crank set up in my stroker 4.6 set up & we had a few guys crying about them in the stock 6cly class (mud racing) so they made a few new rules to the class so I'm building a new motor to the new class rules. Must pull 15" of vacume @ 800 rpm & only 2 external engine mod's. The question is has anyone run the Comp Cam # 239-4?? and if so what kind of vacume did your motor pull?? I have the cam but really dont want to install it & pull it back out if it dosent pull 15# of vacume. In my stock set up the 231-4 it pulled 19#. so I'm just wondering what this new cam will do. I did call comp & they didn know so thats why I'm asking you guys. I hope that one of you guys are running this cam. Thanks for the help!!!

addction said:
Hey guy's I have a stock 258 rod & crank set up in my stroker 4.6 set up & we had a few guys crying about them in the stock 6cly class (mud racing) so they made a few new rules to the class so I'm building a new motor to the new class rules. Must pull 15" of vacume @ 800 rpm & only 2 external engine mod's. The question is has anyone run the Comp Cam # 239-4?? and if so what kind of vacume did your motor pull?? I have the cam but really dont want to install it & pull it back out if it dosent pull 15# of vacume. In my stock set up the 231-4 it pulled 19#. so I'm just wondering what this new cam will do. I did call comp & they didn know so thats why I'm asking you guys. I hope that one of you guys are running this cam. Thanks for the help!!!

If your used the timing chain that allowed you to advance or retard the cam 4* that might get you the 15 inch of vac that is required if the cam don't make it after you install it straight up!

advancing the cam from its straight up positing (this is not moving the chain one tooth:nono: ) will lower top end and increase bottom end slightly causing better vac. if you retarded it the idle vac would go down and the top RPM would go up slightly.

Flash.

Back