• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bikes....

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
ya i know, this is a cherokee forum...

but i wanna know who is into the same things...

so i wanna know who rides, what they ride and how they ride.

so post some pics of your rides, your gear, and riding

want this to be a thread to BS about some bikestuff amongst some jeep peeps :D :thumbup:

this is my current ride, just picked it up and puting it together. kid dumped it into a dirt ditch, bent the front wheel and tore up the plastics, so i got it for a steal, especially for have ing a clean title....
6d6.jpg

just kinda getting it together until i order some new plastics, clip-ons, rear sets, and build a subcage. bike will be rockin a tygershark street cage too

im just wanting to get a good gas mileage ride so i can save some cash and not always drive the jeep. its gonna be hard not riding it like i used to....

this is the "like i used to" :
m20.jpg

l_58491159c80c6ef22dba020312e5eb53.jpg

l_50a7526ec90b162097647a4d4f822a64.jpg

i like the white plastics on that bike you just picked up.

i've never ridden a street bike.
more of a 4 stroke trail bike guy myself.
heres my KLX 300r on the back of the XJ in florida.

n791584576_1532703_4447513.jpg

i think most good dirt riders would make great street riders. i dont know if it works in reverse tho as i am very unsure of myself and nervous on a dirtbike. takes way bigger balls than i have

i think most good dirt riders would make great street riders. i dont know if it works in reverse tho as i am very unsure of myself and nervous on a dirtbike. takes way bigger balls than i have

My cousin raced MX since he was 10 and he was pretty good. 2 weeks into owning a CBR600 when he turned 18, he lost control and slammed into a tree dying from the impact. Maybe that's true, but here's one case where it isn't.

sorry to hear about that, its a really crappy situation, lost a few friends in bike wrecks. i think there are always the exceptions to the rules, and the freak situations that you just cant ever really prepare for.

big improvement!
i'm liking the all white/all black look these days.

as far as trail bikes go - im more the kind to strap a backpack on with a fishing pole, a can of beans, some aluminum foil for cooking the trout, and a small tarp (in case it snows) and head up for a summertime overnighter in wyoming.

^ my youth in a paragraph...

those MX riders are insane!
the most air i ever catch is a small wheelie up a log.

Been riding sport bikes forever but with my bad back, I can't any longer. Just stepped up to one of these. I absolutely love it. Put 400 miles on it this month already...

06 adventure 640, she's got knobbies right now.

6088_505671550264_226300669_132262_698413_n.jpg

too lazy to find pics. but i have a 93 sportster and used to have a 200ex/c

Been riding this one since 1983. The old Wide Glide isn't fast just lots of fun. Its taken me all over the western US and even to Canada a couple of times/

Been riding this one since 1983. The old Wide Glide isn't fast just lots of fun. Its taken me all over the western US and even to Canada a couple of times/

This one, what one? No pic....

i ride my brothers honday shadow 600vlx it's a decent little bike for around town. he's not down with me chopping it so i have to wait till i get my own to cut up and turn into a single seat hard tail bar hopper

fun around town with the 1200cc conversion and smaller 883cc heads for intake port velocity-- not the best on open roads, but a stoplight bruiser compared to the factory 1200cc versions;)

The "mean greenie" is actually a lot more fun than she looks-- redline somewhere over 10,000 and a lot more stopping power than the H-D.

With that said, I'm more of a "grandpa rider" most of the time since I like to get where I'm going in one piece. My commute has me riding directly into the main gate of the largest Navy base in the world with 6 bazillion 18yr old kids in their first "new" car.

ya i know those older kawis are a kick in the pants. that sportster sounds like its a real street killer. awesome! :thumbup:

Back