• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 -> AX15 Swap

XJ-Mayhem

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Has anyone in the Sierra chapter done this and up to possibly lend a hand doing one on my 90 sometime this winter/spring?

From the research it doesn’t sound super technical, just labor intensive and time consuming. It would be nice to have someone who’s done it lending a hand, less chance of me mothballing the project that way :scared:

Bryan C. did it on his old 1996 (+/-) with much better success than he had with keeping AW-4’s alive. He put in an Atlas with it because manuals need more gear than automatics for crawling.

I think the old wisdom was pick absolutely everything off of a donor - brackets, plugs, clips, etc. Best being if you had a parts rig in the driveway you could steal from.

The deal isn’t done but I should be picking up someone else’s complete swap parts, so no donor with me.
Gearing is the reason I’m looking to swap to the ax15 - I’ll be building a doubler setup this winter too and running a manual sounds good with that setup.

Back