• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 12 run

G2WANIT

NAXJA Forum User
So, I think some snow bashing would be fun, however, I think we'd get little turn-out if we keep our trail plans for this week. I vote for a trail change.

I don't know what to suggest, all the trails I know other than 5-mile are snow-packed. What about the dunes? Might be too late in the year, and I'm not one to lead it as I've never been in a Jeep. If not the dunes then where??

I'm going to TRY and make it this one, but I have 2 weeks to get ready for drywall so it will depend on how much I accomplish between now and Friday.

Snow bashing might be fun but Utah has a state law against running wheeled rigs over groomed snowmobile trails and they groom all those roads up there.

Dunes will be pretty dried out by next week.

Alright, so I'll give me input, for whatever that's worth:

Options:

• Black Rock Canyon - near Eureka, I've never been, probably some snow but still doable?
  • Dunes - Probably dried out, but can still cruise around?
  • 5-mile - again...
And that's all I have. Everything else I can think of is either snow-packed or in Moab... Personally I'm interested to see what Black Rock Canyon is all about, but it will be a haul for me to get there.

(https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.034113,+-112.226760&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&z=17&iwloc=A)

I don't get to the West Desert much, maybe some of you who do could suggest a destination that direction.

I'd like to explore the Black Rock area as well, but unfortunately, I'm out for this weekend.

Been a long week for me as well... Had another round of layoffs at work, I'm fine but a good friend got axed. Sucks. I can't make this one, need to work on the house and cheer up my buddy.

Back