• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone find BFG AT/TA KO in a "LT 6 ply" ride very rough?

wyowalsh

NAXJA Forum User
thats pretty much what I wanted to find out
anyone find BFG AT/TA KO in a "LT 6 ply" ride very rough?
I have a mostly stock 99 XJ just over 80k miles. shocks are silver rancho 7000 series I believe and almost brand new BFG AT TA KO in a 6 ply Load range c, this thing is super tight but also bouncing alot. I have tried lowering tires to 30 PSI and it helps alot versus 35 PSI but its way bouncy....

anybody had this and replaced tires with good results ?

I've run BFG A/T KO 235/75 R15 tires on my 01 XJ with a stock suspension for over 300,000 miles. They are not as smooth as some tires, particularly as they rack up the miles. They are very dependable. I don't think I'd ever call them bouncy. That may be your shocks and suspension.

I have the ko2 31". I love them. I run 28psi tho, which is factory recommend with a p-rated Tire. More plys, less pressure if the vehicle weight doesn't change

I have run three sets of the 35x12.50. In order to get them to sit right and get the patch right, I end up running around 24 lbs or less.

IM FIXED:

so I lowered down from 35> 30 > 26
currently @ 26 PSI I am OK with the ride, sure the
rancho 7000s are firm but the 6 ply LT235/75r15 (load range C)
seem to be the majority of the bouncing ride.
I cant complain the XJ is new to me and came with a near new set
of rancho 7000s + BFG AT TA KOs. just not a well thought out combo...

I'll likely leave the shocks alone as they are newer and not leaking, but as time wears on I'll probably go for a set of "P-rated" Firestone Destination A/T, probably will be a while though.

I've had 4 sets of Destination LTs on my Grand Cherokees and a set of the MTs on my Cherokee. I love those tires

Back