• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any other IT guys

High end commercial and residential AV systems automation. I do installs and service calls, so everything from pulling cable to trying to figure out why some tv isn't working. Starting to delve into Crestron programming too. Basically, we build stuff for custom touch panels so you can press a button on the touch panel that says "watch tv" and all at once the tv powers up and chooses the correct input, home theatre turns on, lights turn low and shades to down.

Here's a pic of a touch panel programmed for a house

y7a6upyv.jpg

And the view from the house it was in

3anu2a3u.jpg

I've been with Integra Telecom for 10+yrs, in a technical sales role, 7yrs before that with an integrator designing and deploying LAN cabling networks, paging, web conf, PBX/key systems, etc.

Not "in IT" per se, but working with and providing Voice, Data, Internet and cloud-based solutions for IT Directors, CTOs, etc.

I've been in IT for 30 years. If I want to talk IT, I go to an IT site. I come here to talk Jeep.

Good thing this isn't in a Jeep subforum.

I stare at a computer all day. When something doesn't work right I call one of you guys, sit back and take a break. While secretly hoping that the computer is down for the count.

Haha.

I get that shit all the time.

What really irritates me is when an old ladies pc fugs up and they ask 1000 questions about it and you have to explain everything.

Christ..
Sarcasm is in the air.

I drive a 2000 xj 4.5" lift Custom built 3 link, 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs.

This is an IT thread though, so my jeep is irrelevant

IT sucks.

I oversee all systems for a small but nation-wide commercial real estate firm. I'm responsible for about 125 people spread out. I have offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Austin, Chicago, Minneapolis, Boston (Wellesley actually), and Washington, D.C.

As I said, IT sucks.

Back