• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Amazing (or dumb) Cross Country Road Trip

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I'll be leaving the Los Angeles, CA area on October 7 and heading east. My proposed stops so far are:

October 8- Moab, Utah (25th anniversary of the XJ with the NAXJA guys)
October 11- Montrose, Colorado (trail run with local CO guys)
October 14- Chagrin Falls, Ohio (pick up another Jeep I don't really need)
October 15- West Windsor, New Jersey (pick up tools and parts and sleep for two days)

I'll be dragging an empty 2 axle car hauling trailer behind me as far as Chagrin Falls. The deck is 20 feet x 77 inches and I can take up to 5,000 lbs on it. If anyone has something they need dragged east and wants to toss me some cash to help out with gas, I'd be happy to drag it. If its a Jeep or something, it'll need to be gone by Chagrin Falls, Ohio as I'm picking a Jeep up there. Then, in West Windsor, NJ I'll be picking up tools and long neglected parts and turning around. Here is the rough route I'll be taking east.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Los...ty:Mercer+County/m:::::0::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

I'm sure this isn't the best section to put this thread in... but since I'm offering transport from So Cal east through Utah, I figured I'd put it here first... if a mod wants to move it, can we leave it up here for a day or two first so the So Cal guys get to see it? I'm sure that it'll veer off So Cal discussions so moving might make sense... but maybe a delayed move?

Then, on the trip back, I'll be hitting these locations:

October 17- Wellsville, Ohio (If Mike Simpson's buddies want to do a trail run)
October 18- Badlands, Indiana (trail run)
October 19- Eau Claire, Wisconsin (mud bog redneck fest with Max-Bilt)
October 21- Cheyenne, Wyoming (possibly... depends on a Jeep body retrieval from TnT Customs)
October 22- Reno, NV
October 23- Los Angeles, CA

I'll have a full trailer and Jeep for the trip back, so taking parts isn't too likely... but I might like to meet up with some NAXJA peeps along the way... if possible. I'll be pulling a succession of long days, especially towing and need to keep to my schedule, so large detours aren't likely.

Here is the (I hope) mapquest for the return trip
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Wes...s+Angeles+County/m:::::0::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

X3!

335660029.jpg

335660024.jpg

335660022.jpg

Last edited:
Long as you don't mind it getting there after its started.... you did look at the dates, right?

Totally, those are the dates I'm going. I have my time off at work put in at already for Wed through Fri and weekend. I've got reservations already made for the Inca Inn down the street from slick rock campground for Wed night through Sun morning.

BTW, how many SEATS do you have in the cab open? I might have 1 or 2 other people with me if that's a possibility.

Well.. I dunno.

I wasn't planning on filling all the seats.. its just me and my gear... But I haven't worked out what I'd be packing yet. Also, I'm not sure if my girl is going to meet me out here, or in Vegas, or what... its too much time for her to get off for the whole thing, but she's planning on tagging along for some of it.

And, I'd be leaving Tues... not Wed... I'll be getting to, or in Moab on Wed, hoping to tag along and take some pictures of trail runs. Just saw that you had Wed off but not Tues.

Well.. I dunno.

I wasn't planning on filling all the seats.. its just me and my gear... But I haven't worked out what I'd be packing yet. Also, I'm not sure if my girl is going to meet me out here, or in Vegas, or what... its too much time for her to get off for the whole thing, but she's planning on tagging along for some of it.

And, I'd be leaving Tues... not Wed... I'll be getting to, or in Moab on Wed, hoping to tag along and take some pictures of trail runs. Just saw that you had Wed off but not Tues.

Oh, so you'll be leaving like Tue am? Yeah, I have to work Tue. You said Moab 8th, so I thought that meant you'd be leaving on the 8th. Nevermind.

NEXT!

Saweeeet!! CRD kicks asssss! Have a good trip and be safe Pete!!

Sorry Mike! Yeah, leaving Tues AM... if the 15 between here and Vegas goes well, I'll be in Moab Tues night. No way for me to drop your Jeep off in Moab and you meet it?

Tony- hell yeah it does. I still get about 17 mpg towing. That Wagon was a runner and I drove like 500 miles into a headwind (see the flag) and still pulled 17....

Sorry Mike! Yeah, leaving Tues AM... if the 15 between here and Vegas goes well, I'll be in Moab Tues night. No way for me to drop your Jeep off in Moab and you meet it?

Mike if you are serious about getting your Jeep to Moab, he can meet up with me at slickrock, and it will be waiting for you when you arrive. :compwork:

I think the problem is, if I take his Jeep he's got no way to get there... if I'm reading that right...

I was thinking he was hitching a ride, but now remember he was just going to drive his car. oops :wierd:

Back