• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AEV Commander Video

ddeadserious said:
that commander is beautiful.

but why were they driving up staircases? I doubt that was legal...

I'm sure Jeep/AEV had permission. Looks like they had full run of a ski resort and the slopes for their promotional purposes.

The Commander definitely does look better with the lift and tires.... but I imagine it's IFS front is no stronger for it.

I believe that white TJ was a turbo diesel.... kinda cool.

Cool video. I thought I had seen this pair somewhere before. The August 06 issue of "4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine" had a write-up on these two vehicles. Both jeeps had a fair amount of body modifications done to them - the Commander got pretty chopped up at the rear wheel well and the axle was moved back five inches. The TJ's hood was shortened three inches and the fenders raised three. The article says the TJ is powered by a 345 hp / 375 lb-ft hemi conversion.

Around the 3:30 mark you can read 2.5 Turbo Diesel on the driver side of the Wrangler. They will build that stuff for overseas but not here and then wonder why their sales are going to other car companies. Haven't they ever heard "Build it and they will come"?

richasco said:
Around the 3:30 mark you can read 2.5 Turbo Diesel on the driver side of the Wrangler. They will build that stuff for overseas but not here and then wonder why their sales are going to other car companies. Haven't they ever heard "Build it and they will come"?

That TJ was built and fully modded by the owner of AEV... it was a LHD Jeep to start out, he wanted a RHD. I forget what manufacturers motor he put in it though.

That Commander is really nice looking. I was watching the program on Rush TV when the went through and modded it. The Commander has 40" tires on it, IIRC.

They did have permission from the owner of the ski resort... it was Big Sky Resort in MT where they did those trial runs. With the Commander, they had a TJ that had a Hemi in it.

Back