• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A NACFest Thank You

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
Another great NACFest! Great wheeling!!

But this year was a little extra special because of all the great people. I needed some help with a few things, and boy did the folks of NAXJA step up to help. So here is a big THANK YOU to all of you:

Mark: It was good meeting and talking to you. Thanks for moving that vice for me. I hope your Jeep makes it home.

Paul: Thanks for being willing to move that tire from Andy's cabin. Hope you can use it. Thanks for being Stefan's #2 Jeep buddy.

Eric: We sure had a fun day with "Team Break it Fix it". I had a lot of fun wheeling with you and your girl. Thanks for the great spotting coming down over that ledge, and thanks for taking us up that crazy hill climb behind the comp course. That was nuts ... and FUN!!

Ken: Thanks for taking the time to pull parts from your explosion to help me fix up my Jeep. You were busy but took the time to help me. My headlights are working great now!!

John B: Thanks for dragging those doors all the way out for me, and for giving me such a great deal! Project Olive Drab will live on forever in my MJ.

Anthony: Good meeting you. Thanks again for the great deal on the vice. You cleaned and assembled it for me, which most guys wouldn't do.

Andy, Rob, Todd, Jim: Thanks for letting me crash on your front porch. I forgot my tent and you guys took me in ... sort of;) Sorry I left my dirty drawers on the floor. Rob, your stories were something else! Todd and Jim - always have a great time with you guys, but next time we need to let Jim have some moonshine!

Andy: Thanks for taking those doors home for me. I know its a pain to haul them around, and I didn't even help load them. I owe you one. Wait, no. Now we are even LoL.

Keith: I get pretty nervous running those red trails, but you were very patient with me and spotted me through some nasty stuff. I believe you could spot me up Mt. Everest.

Rich: You might not remember this, and I'm not sure I want to either, but you gave me a heck of a shoulder massage after you had been tugging on the gas can for a while.

MrShaft: Thanks for the cigars! That was really really nice of you and the Mrs. I hope those tires worked well for you on the trails, but good luck keeping them balanced. hehe.

Matt: Even though I didn't drink any, the effects of that gas can provided some seriously memorable entertainment.

Colin: Thanks for not punching me in the face when I stole your MJ .... twice. You really did build a nice machine and it was a blast to drive around the parking lot. Maybe next time I'll get brave and try the comp course.

Stefan: What can I say buddy .... we had another great trip!!! I feel somewhat bad that you "slept" in the field, but part of me is glad. If you had made it to our cabin I might have been forced to share my air mattress with my #1 Jeep buddy.

Lee and Marcie: You two are awesome. You drove me all the way home without one single complaint, even after spending half the day fixing your stuff. I really appreciate the ride!!

Lynn: You happily hauled those two doors half way across the campground in your spotless MJ. Not only do you run a sweet offroad park, but you are a darn nice lady.

Johnny: You gave me pizza and a Dr. Pepper. I swear you sprouted a halo when you handed that stuff to me. It TOTALLY hit the spot.

Ben and Mary: Congrats!!! I'm super excited for you both. Thanks for sharing your food with me - that turkey and cheese sandwich was delicious.

John, John, Victor, Lavern: You guys pulled over on the highway while we were changing a flat on Todd and Jim's Duramax, and Victor even had a floor jack - which was super helpful. You guys could have kept rolling, but you didn't. Thanks!

Jen: You took some awesome pictures and video!! Can't wait to see them. Also, thanks for being so concerned about me driving to the cabin on Friday night. It was rather ironic, and incredibly hilarious, since you were the one who had been drinking. Too bad you didn't roll the brown Jeep though :tear:

Ross: You let me sit in RedJeep, which was a pretty big honor. That is a freaking awesome shifter. I didn't get any candy though.

I'm sure there are more folks I could mention, sorry if I missed anyone.

I also had a great time wheeling with Eric and his girlfriend, Johnny, Keith, Jen, Andy, Ben, Mary, Stefan, Todd, Jim, Rob, Bill, Jen, Rich, Carol, Matt, and maybe a few other I can't remember cause its late.

Great time! Looking forward to Octoberfest!

Thanks Jordan...we wobbled all the way home, knocked the weights off the right front, but we had a good time, and they worked great....

Thanks jordan! I still cant believe I made it up that climb! haha Team break it fix it did awesome this year! Thanks to everyone who made this years nacfest possible! I can't even imagine all the work that has to happen behind the scenes for us just to have a smooth time so I can't thank you enough. I love seeing how when one person is in need Naxja members just come together and help someone they may not even know time and time again. Thats what keeps me coming back. I had a great time, some awesome wheeling with some of the best guys (and girls) in the sport, and hilarious moments around the campfire! So thanks naxja

Jordan - You're welcome for the ride home and I know the you would have done the same if things were the other way around...they almost were!
As Jordan already mentioned, a big thanks to those of you who stopped to help us change Jim's tire! Not only were the extra hands and the floor jack a huge help, but all the jeeps on the side of the road helped oncoming traffic notice us a little easier, some still got a little too close!
I wanted to thank JeeperJim, his buddy Brad, Micah and his wife Susan for helping me get out of the woods after shredding my ring gear on a green trail...YES, a stinkin' green trail! You guys and gals were great to wheel with and I can't thank you enough for hangin' with me during the repair...hope I didn't ruin the weekend!
Jordan and Bill thanks for the stub shafts so I could get home!
Andy, Todd, Jim and Keith thanks for the help in getting the XJ rolling safely again.
Lynn, what can I say, thanks a bunch for having such an awesome park and providing tools and air to help me repair my axle situation! Without some of your tools and air I couldn't have done it as easily, or at all!
NAXJA is a great organization and it is nice to see a willingness among many to assist others in their time of need!

Lee

Im still blown away (and Carol is as well) at what an amazing collection of people make up the NAC Crew..I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway. The Nac is hands down the best group of people anyone could have the honor of wheeling and camping with, ...ever...period! This was by far the most enjoyable wheeling trip we've taken to date, and only getting better each and every time. We cant thank everyone enough for the friendship and hospitality shown at every event, and hopefully we've done enough to reciprocate. We love being a part of the NAC, it's been one of the greatest experiences on our lives to make these runs, and Carol and I are DEEPLY thankful to count all of you as friends first and foremost! What a great weekend! THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!
Carol (and Rich)

Jordan, your welcome. Glad they can be of use..

It was good seeing old friends again, sorry i didnt get to see a few of y'all.. next time.

Ben and Mary... Congrats again!

It was great seeing everyone again, thanks to all those who put it together and thanks to Travis and Mark for letting me ride along, next year will be the year

Ooops.. Thanks NAC BOD, the volunteer trail guides, and those others behind the scenes organizing things that made this event another success.

Jordan sorry to see your awesome MJ with that sweet new bed being put on the flatbed but I am sure it won't take long before it is back on the trail again !

Lee it was a pleasure wheelin with you, Marcy,Micah,Susan,and Jim. Thanks for pulling me out of the mud Micah! Lee your welcome for the future Dana 44 ! Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Was a great time seeing everyone thanks to everyone involved, can't wait til the next time we all get together!

Just like all above, I have to say it was a great time and a great bunch of people who make up the group. Thanks to the bods and all who make it happen.

Thanks for the tire Jordan. Thank you everyone for making this another successful NAC fest especially the bod. It was a great time meeting new people and seeing old friends once again. Hope everyone got home safely.

Couldn't agree more with everything said. The NAC is the best group of people I've wheeled with period.

Oh and Jordan, glad you like the MJ. I figured you'd go for round two of parking lot rides on Friday :laugh:

Thanks to everyone who made this weekend awsome and thanks again ross for the u bolts and u joint!

Back