• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A marriage between a '90 and 94... need some help!!

georgia90xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 90 xj laredo w/AT 4x4. the motor went south. i also have a 94 xj sport with a great motor only it is 5 speed and 2wd.
here is what i want to do....
use the motor and ECU from the 94 (goodbye renix) and the trans/transfer case from the 90. i think i have the trans gear changing thing figured out via an aw4 manual shifter. the 2 things that are really concerning me at this stage is
1)the power distribution block on the firewall (will i needthe one from the 94?) 2)the crank position sensor and flexplate/flywheel. i believe i will need the sensor from the 94 and maybe get a flywheel/flexplate for a 94 auto trans. 4x4 model

thanks in advance for any help. it is really appreciated!!!!

that's exactly what i am trying to do. i have taken the engine out of the 94 with the entire engine compartment wiring harness intact and "plan" on using it in the 90 body using the 90 drivetrain.

Back