• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A challenge.......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
So, my wife's boss has chatted with me about well built XJ'S and is very interested in finding one...... so much so that he's sold his built Land Rover.

Hes got money so he's looking at the cream of the crop kind of daily drive able trail rig. Something that will accommodate his wife and 2 kids.

He might also be interested in Grand's too. If Kittrell's WK were still available he might have been a buyer. He hasn't said what his price range is. His daily used to be a very nicely built Hummer H3T that he traded in on a '15 Dodge Cummins 2500.

So, again, nothing radical built for hard core trails, something well balanced to drive to work (Parker to north Aurora) that can run up trails like Wheeler Lake or Chinaman's Gulch.

-33"-35" tires
-Built axles with selectable lockers
-Auto with 4:1 231 or 242 tcase or aftermarket tcase
-lots of well built armor and winch
-Working A/C
-Well thought out cargo area, tire carrier.
-May be open to a roof rack
-Well built cage, no crazy exo's
-Recent/fresh build, no well used rigs. As turn key as possible.
-At this point, price is of no concern.

Help me point him toward some nice rigs! Post up links in this thread and I'll share them with him.

Thanks in advance guys!

Based on Yella's description and the guy's previous rigs, I would say he is playing at this level. Not many spend this kind of money anymore, a challenge for sure. That guy built this with the $$ I gave him for his WK.

i.php

That is pretty as hell

Is it for sale? If not......not helping....;)

He might actually shy away from a magazine shoot quality rig like that as he will use it..... paint matched parts vs. black (stuff he can easily touch up) might win favor.

But I'll present anything and let him make that determination :thumbup:

Why did he sell his Land Rover?

My '90 Range Rover was one of the best tanks I've ever owned. Until some guy was hungry for a steak and crossed the center line in front of me to pull into the steak house.

No telling what action the live axels underneath were seeing but you could pretty much put whatever you wanted in the back and it would level out, and you could sip coffee from a cup on the washboard fire roads in the area.

In other words if you sell a Rover to buy a XJ, are you really going to be happy?

It was a rusty POS that never ran right, expensive to fix, terrible road manners and he wants to change things up - so he says.. He's not sold on an XJ, he's looking at other rigs, he could end up with a JKU or God knows what. He's seen several nice XJs and wants to consider one. He likes the size and driveability.

Damn, that actually seems like a decent rig for the price. Better than some of these nut jobs wanting 10k+ for a lifted POS......

Back