• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 longblock 88 electronics

Omega said:
I got a 99 longblock and i was wondering if i can use my 88 intake, dist, and renix electronics to make it work in my 88 xj?

No reason why not. The distributor should fit, you'll have to drill and tap the hole for the knock sensor, but the rest of the sensors should be the same (save the TPS, which has been covered here in detail before.)

NOTE - The manifolds aren't a "bolt-on" swap, but they can be interchanged with a little work, as I understand. Also, you will likely have to adapt the fuel line fittings - even if they're the same style, the return was moved in 1991 (and may have been eliminated entirely for an "in-tank" regulator by 1999.)

Omega said:
i could just use the 88 intake cant I? That way the fuel lines ar the same. (Newer engine in older vehicle)
Yes, but the intake ports on the side of the head do not line up 100% only about 75%-80%. I did the reverse of what you'd be doing and had an HO intake on a Renix head, and it never caused me any problems.

Back