• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 5spd RE 4.5" lift 32" BFG AT - $3000

ajy4490

NAXJA Forum User
Description

I am the third owner of this Jeep. Originally it was bought as a company car for The Culligan Man. After that, it served the purpose of being my friend's girlfriend’s first car. She drove it when she started college, and then moved on to a lower mileage Jeep. It is a nice Cherokee, and quite rare these days being the 4.0 inline 6, 4×4, and being a 5 speed manual transmission. I have done a large number of modifications to make this a great offroad vehicle, including a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift and 32 inch BFG tires. The motor is strong, the clutch does not slip at all, and the transmission is rebuilt. I have spent considerable time and energy keeping this vehicle in top mechanical condition. These Jeeps are known for constantly going over 300k with proper maintenance!

The car has a clean carfax, and has some rust on the underbelly but it has been recently fixed. The lower half has been painted black, this isn’t even apparent unless you are looking for it. The car has no check engine lights, and has a nice new inspection sticker!

Base specs

1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) SE
4.0L AMC 242 High Output engine
Aisin-Warner AX15 5 speed manual transmission
Chrysler 8.25 29 spline Rear Axle
Dana 30 front axle
NP231 Command Trac transfer case
Manual doors and windows (they always work!)

Modifications

Rubicon Express Superflex 4.5” XJ Lift kit w/ full leafs (details below)
4.5” RE front coil springs
3.5” RE rear leaf packs
1” RE rear Shackles
RE adjustable upper control arms
RE lower control arms
Adjustable RE track bar
Stainless steel brake lines
Rough Country Nitro shocks for (4-6in lift)
5 American Racing aluminium rims 15×8 4×4.5” 4.25” backspacing (nice!)
5 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO 32×11.5×15 tires, 4 with 20% tread, 1 95% for full size spare
Upgraded tie rod and tie rod ends form ZJ
Custom trimmed tucked front and rear fenders, can fit 33" or maybe even 35" tires
Removed "floaty" bumper end caps
Pioneer DEH-2700 head unit with Alpine SPE-1620 speakers
Class III trailer hitch & wiring harness, modified for extra ground clearance
Added cruise control!!!
Front tow hook unibody tie in.
10,000 lb Milemarker winch mounted on hitch plate (not included, but can be negotiated separately)
Cobra 40-chan CB Radio w/ 4ft antenna and external PA speaker (not include, but can be negotiated separately)

Recent Maintenance (in reverse chronological order)

Clockspring, cruise module and switches added
Updated ground battery connector
D30 front axle assembly with new inner oil seals
Front calipers, rotors and pads!!!
Heater blower motor
Starter motor
Flasher module
Replaced gauge cluster w/ tachometer out of '98 XJ
Windshield washer sprayer pump
Serpentine Belt
Alternator
Power steering line

Oddities

The true mileage is unknown. Gauge swapped 1.5 years ago by previous owner right before selling it to me at 147,500 miles. I estimate the true milage to be 160k, but I cannot confirm this. The new gauge cluster reads 111k miles.
Has a vibration at 50-55mph. I think it needs some adjusting on the upper control arms. Its annoying sometimes, but I've never cared as its not dangerous.
Rocker panels were rusty when i bought it so I cut them out and primed/painted over them. You don't really notice this unless you specifically look for it. I figured this was better than letting them rust even more.
Leaks or burns a bit of oi, perhaps from rear main seal. This seems typical for just about most 4.0L Jeep engines, and nothing to really worry about. I check the oil regularly and top it off as needed, no big deal.

Pictures

Picasa Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/ajy4490/TheWhiteKnight99JeepCherokeeLifted#

I can take better pictures upon request, but you may as well just come see it!

Sale

Its currently my second vehicle and I'm moving soon so I would rather sell it instead of moving it too. This has been a great vehicle for me, and I will be very very sad to see it go. It can be yours for $3000, or best offer. And no, you can't have it for $1500, the lift kit ALONE costs more than that! I'm being honest and fair about everything in this sale, so please don't bother to low-ball me. This will really be a treat for the right buyer!!

Contact

email: ajy4490 [at] gmail [dot] com
phone: 1.585.789.1186
PM me!

Avon, New York 14414

100_0232.JPG

100_0220.JPG

100_0233.JPG

Last edited:
Back