• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 4.0L & AW4: Central NJ

TerraWombat

NAXJA Forum User
About 146K on them both. Came out of a 1999 XJ Sport I bought to convert my MJ interior. You cannot hear them run because half of the necessary interior parts are now missing, but I can provide a video of it running later tonight.

Engine has good oil pressure, no strange noises, and it didn't overheat.

Transmission shifted fine once I fixed up the body and axle damage to the rig and drove it back and forth down my road, up to 80MPH.

Still in the truck so give me some time get it out. Transfer case does not come with it.

Looking for $450 for the whole lot. I'll include all accessories with it - power steering, A/C compressor and alternator. Starter motor can go with it, too. I'll do my very best to keep the engine wiring harness intact with no cut connections. I'm not a junkyard ape. I will be delicate in the removal of the engine.

Pictures available upon request.

For whatever reason, the previous owner kept the coolant overflow bottle so I threw in a coolant jug. Didn't want it puking all over my shop when it got up to operating temperature.

Leaks? Nothing out of the ordinary for a 4.0L. It doesn't leave marks on the floor or anything like that, but it's got the usual coating of oil, dirt, and grime.

I think the 4.0L in my 01XJ may be one of the few on the planet that doesn't leak any fluids....yet....but only because I replaced every single seal when I had it out.

I see you sent me a PM, too. I'll reply to that as well.

Back