• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 cherokee

brandonkilby

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 98 cherokee for sale
3.5 re super flex lift
bilstein 5150 shocks up front, 5100 in the rear
4 31/10.50/15 mickey thompson mtz
kilby enterprises gas tank and tcase skid plate
spidertrax 1.25 inch spacers
rear discbrake conversion
new speakers around and has 2 12inch subs
if you have any info or are intrested please email me at [email protected]
i dont come on here to often

Aswell as pics.

Just to put some perspective on your asking price let me explain what I paid for mine. I bought mine from skullver for 7K+. I can't remember the exact dollar amount above 7k but it was right around that mark. His 2000 classic fully loaded came with some SWEET custom bumpers with a VERY nice rear tire swing, 6.5" full traction long arm kit, 35" muds almost new, deaver springs in the rear, sye, 4.88 gears in dana 44's front and rear, chromoly shafts, detroits front and rear, 74,000 miles on vehicle, and fiberglass fenders. THAT is a 7k rig. If you get 5K you got a great deal. Especially in this bad of an economy. Sorry for being such a downer, but I wanted to make sure you understood the reality of your Jeeps value. I hope I didn't just piss you off.

i know i wont get 7k for it but like i said its obo so make me an offer, i know what the Cherokees go for right now. i had it posted for that much on craigs list and a few people are intrested so i figured i would try my luck here, and its no problem im not mad but thanks for the help.

I wish I had a newer one :). I went to see what mine is worth on a site and (minus things I got on it) its only worth 300 dollars! I am guessing that is taking into account the economy as a couple years ago they seemed to run about 1500ish from what I saw (1990 model).

I do know a guy who recently sold an old YJ for what he asked for (not sure exact price, but I was sort of surprised). It took him awhile though, but the right buyer came along for him :).

Good luck on the sale!

man guys, let him sell it for what he thinks is worth and wants. if u dont like it, move along.

man guys, let him sell it for what he thinks is worth and wants. if u dont like it, move along.

I not trying to be a jerk. I just wanted him to know that if somebody offered him 5k that wouldn't be a ridiculous offer and he shouldn't feel like he got ripped off selling it for that. I figured he would have more of a piece of mind knowing he sold it for a good price and didn't get taken by some yahoo. On the other hand, if you can get 7k for it then all the power to ya.

I not trying to be a jerk. I just wanted him to know that if somebody offered him 5k that wouldn't be a ridiculous offer and he shouldn't feel like he got ripped off selling it for that. I figured he would have more of a piece of mind knowing he sold it for a good price and didn't get taken by some yahoo. On the other hand, if you can get 7k for it then all the power to ya.
no no man, im not calling anyone names, i just dont think it fair to the seller when people throw rocks at him for his price. everyones entitled to sell for which ever price they want. i name no one a jerk or label anyone. :peace:

I wish I had a newer one :). I went to see what mine is worth on a site and (minus things I got on it) its only worth 300 dollars! I am guessing that is taking into account the economy as a couple years ago they seemed to run about 1500ish from what I saw (1990 model).

I do know a guy who recently sold an old YJ for what he asked for (not sure exact price, but I was sort of surprised). It took him awhile though, but the right buyer came along for him :).

Good luck on the sale!

thanks man, i have a guy coming this weekend to look at it, i hope he is the right buyer lol :cheers:

i know that 5k wouldnt be a ridiculous offer....like i said its obo :cheers:

X2 with johnx and s7tech. Good luck on ur sale kilby. Ur jeep sounds like a gem to have! =)

Ditto with the above 3 statements.... sell it for what its worth 2 you.. not what its worth to others, or you could just keep on craigslist where no one would berate your asking price.. goodluck with the sale:patriot:

Hey guys, Brad Kilby here. Just wanted to say thanks for those that helped Brandon out on this. :cheers: He's a bit green on selling rigs but hey, it's his rig so I'll let him learn!

That said, I've helped him out so the add is re-written a little. Pics too! :)
This is the same text that went into Craigslist so please, if someone is serious about making an offer on this rig, don't be afraid to PM Brandon. Gotta start high and work your way down, right? ;)

1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ Classic 4x4, 4 Door, White Exterior, Grey Interior
Original Owner!
4.0 with 104,000 miles. First 98,000 were Soccer Moms grocery getter and garaged daily
4 Sp auto tranny, NP 231 Tcase
Electric Windows and Door Locks, PS, AC, Factory Tint, Factory Tow Package, Roof Rack., K&N Filter, New Battery, New upper and lower radiator hoses

Never been in an accident, Been off road lightly 2 times, Never towed anything. Interior is clean without tears.

Front Axle: HP D30 with 3.55 gears
Rear Axle: OEM 8.25 with 3.55 gears and disc brake conversion from 2004 Wrangler
Tires are Mickey Thompson 31x10.50x15 Baja MTZ
Wheels are 2004 Wrangler with Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
Lift is Rubicon Express RE6030 3.5” Short arm Super Flex W/Rear Springs and Bilstein 5150’s Front and 5100 Rear
Kilby Tcase and Gas Tank Skids
Pioneer Stereo, Kenwood Speakers
See pics here: http://www.dehesa4x4.com/bkilby/photoalbum/Brandons_XJ

Asking $7000 OBO or Trade for Wrangler TJ only.
Contact Brandon at [email protected] or 818-823-6300

Back